News & Notes
On cable tonight, Food Network has the fifth season finale of Beat Bobby Flay and History has the series premiere of Power & Ice.
Listen to the latest TV times Three Podcast: Ep.287, “Fear & Hungry Baby Killjoys.” On this episode I am joined by @mytakeontv and @raelee to talk a little cancelation and renewal news and then discuss the series premiere of Fear the Walking Dead, the series finale of Melissa & Joey, the first season finale of Killjoys, the fourth season finale of Baby Daddy and the second summer season premiere of Young & Hungry. Plus, a reality check and some TV recommendations.
Ballers (HBO): Repeat. This past Sunday night’s first season finale episode, “Flamigos,” replays. Starts at the half hour and runs 30 minutes.
Arrow (The CW): Repeat. “Suicidal Tendencies” from last season replays, where Diggle and Lyle get married and then end up on a mission with the Suicide Squad.
Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll (FX): New. Gigi meets her grandmother and finds out how she messed Johnny up as a child. Runs 32 minutes. Plays again later two times.
- Dominion (Syfy): New. Alex, Noma and Michael get closer to Vega. Claire has to make a big decsion. Plays again later.
- Graceland (USA Network): New. Ari continues his rise in the mob. Charlie and Jakes get closer to taking down their target. Starts two minutes after the hour and runs 61 minutes. Plays again later.
- Suits (USA Network): Repeat. Last night’s fifth summer season finale episode, “Faith,” replays.
Thursday TV Marathons
Blue Bloods (ION): Has 18 episodes.
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (USA Network): Has 15 episodes.
News & Notes
Tonight, NBC has the series premiere of The Carmichael Show.
Over on cable, BET has a Katrina 10 Years Later: Through Hell in High Water special, Comedy Central has the first season finale of Why? With Hannibal Buress, and USA Network has the fifth summer season finale of Suits and the first season finale of Mr. Robot.
Young & Hungry (ABC Family): New. Gabi meets a guy she wants to go out with, so she sets Josh up with one of her neighbors in hopes of things feeling less awkward. Runs 30 minutes.
Suits (USA Network): New. Jessica and Louis attempt to stop the takeover. Mike and Harvey face things from their past in order to figure out where they want to go in the future. Runs 61 minutes. Plays again later.
Mr. Robot (USA Network): Season Finale. A hack from his past comes back to haunt Elliot. Starts a minute after the hour and runs 74 minutes. Plays again later.
- Ballers (HBO Signature): Repeat. This past Sunday night’s first season finale episode, “Flamigos,” replays. Plays again later on HBO.
- The Carmichael Show (NBC): Series Premiere. Two episodes play. In the first, Jarrod doesn’t want to tell his parents that his girlfriend has moved in with him. In the second, it’s Jarrod’s birthday. I actually kind of liked this one. Find out more by listening to my spoiler free preview of The Carmichael Show.
- The Jim Gaffigan Show (TV Land): New. Jim gets a big break, but Jeanie invites their priest to his performance and he wishes she hadn’t. Runs 30 minutes. Plays again later.
- Strike Back (Cinemax): Repeat. Last Friday night’s episode replays.
- ESPN has Wednesday Night Baseball MLB action with the Chicago Cubs at the San Francisco Giants.
Wednesday TV Marathons
Castle (TNT): Seven episodes tonight.
Ghost Whisperer (ION): Has 16 episodes.
Law & Order (WEtv): Seven episodes tonight into late night.
Law & Order: Criminal Intent (WEtv): Five episodes today.
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (USA Network): Has 11 episodes.
Star Trek: The Next Generation (BBC America): Has 11 episodes.