Wow I have to say that shock is an understatement. Not necessarily that Mandisa got the least amount of votes and is out of the competition. The whole bottom three. Elliott, Paris and Mandisa. They had middle of the road performances on country night but the bottom three? I guess you really do have to be â€œda bombâ€ every time you go out on stage. One bad or so-so performance and you are outta there. I guess Sir Mix-A-Lotâ€™s phone must not have been working this week.
Well this really shakes things up. Last week I had Mandisa at #2 on this chances of winning list. With her out and given who was in the bottom three it is really messing with my head.
So with eight left now here is the TVaholic updated rankings of who has the best chance of becoming the Season 5 American Idol:
- Chris Daughtry â€“ Remains at number one after showing a softer vocal side this week. Has the best chance to sound good next week given they are singing Queen songs.
- Kellie Pickler â€“ Up three spots from last week. Her personality and likeability is what is really keeping her in it.
- Paris Bennett â€“ Remains in the same position as last week. Has to stay away from performances like this week. High energy is what is keeping her around. This should be a sufficient scare to get her vote totals up unless she stumbles a second time next week.
- Katharine McPhee â€“ Up four spots this week. Had my favorite performance of the night this week. If she can continue to show some personality and have fun up there she could be around for a while longer.
- Taylor Hicks â€“ Dropping one spot this week. While the flailing around dance style he has looks awkward and strange he really needs to get away from the stationary position. As the last two weeks there have been pretty bad. When he is having fun out there on stage he sounds better.
- Ace Young â€“ Moves up two spots from last week. Falsetto boy is sure to fall back down after a decent performance this week.
- Elliot Yamin â€“ Drops one spot. Canâ€™t look nervous this far into the competition but ending up in the bottom three seemed a little early.
- Bucky Covington â€“ He once again at the bottom of the list. The scarecrow has got to go.
That is how I see it. How do you see it? Who do you think has the best chance of becoming the American Idol this season?
The theme of American Idol next week will be the songs of Queen. Who do you think will have the most trouble with next weekâ€™s theme? Who do you think will do well? Let us know in the comments.