Well there was no bottom three tonight on American Idol. Ryan put the six into three groups of two. One of the groups being the highest two vote getters another was the middle two and the third was the bottom two. The top two being Katharine and Chris and the middle two being Elliott and Taylor. That left the bottom two of Paris and Kellie. So my bottom three prediction was pretty close considering that Taylor was in the middle two. He was whom I would have had in the bottom three with Paris and Kellie.
Elliott and Taylor were sent to safety and then we were sent to commercial. When they came back they finally sent Katharine and Chris to safety and then Paris leaving Pickler as the one picked to go home this week.
Personality and likeability can go along way to keeping you in this competition but you must back it up with strong singing performances to win. Kellie just wasnâ€™t up to it the last couple of weeks.
With five left the updated TVaholic rankings of who has the best chance to become the Season Five American Idol are:
- Chris Daughtry â€“ Has done nothing to relinquish his top spot. He went from the bottom three in last weekâ€™s results to the top two this week.
- Katharine McPhee â€“ Still at #2 but it is an extremely close second. Randy and Simon even said they were a bit harsh regarding her performance this week and apologized. She both sounded and looked great on stage this week.
- Elliott Yamin â€“ Jumps up three spots this week after an outstanding performance. No longer lingering near the bottom of the list.
- Taylor Hicks â€“ Remain at #4 after a so-so performance but a bad performance could see him go as early as next week. Must go all out next week.
- Paris Bennett â€“ She has a womanâ€™s voice trapped in a girls body. She needs to pick something young and fun. With next weekâ€™s theme she should be able to do that. If not it could be her last week next week.
That is how TVaholic sees it. How do you see it? Who do you think has the best chance of becoming the American Idol this season?
Next week on American Idol each contestant will be singing two songs. They have to choose one from the year they were born and the second will be picked from this weekâ€™s Billboard Top 10 Chart. Do you think anybody will have a problem? Who do you think will do well? Let us know in the comments.