Ah the summer TV season really kicks off tonight. Well if you have cable it does as Deadwood, Entourage and new show Lucky Louie begin their summer runs tonight on HBO, as does The 4400 on USA. There is also a TV show marathon to get you ready for The Closer, which kicks off its second season tomorrow night along with new show Saved on TNT. What looks good on TV to you tonight?
NBA Finals Game 2 (ABC): The Heat got shut down after the first quarter an ended up losing big in Game 1. Can they find their first quarter form once again and can it last for 48 minutes? Scheduled for two and a half hours with the tip being just after 9:00 p.m. Eastern.
The Simpsons (FOX): Repeat. They have a little fun with the idea of outsourcing.
The War at Home (FOX): Repeat. A zero-tolerance policy is instituted and spanking is the punishment.
Family Guy (FOX): Repeat. Peter gets a vasectomy.
Itâ€™s Always Sunny in Philadelphia (FOX): Sort of New. As in new to broadcast TV as FOX tries to drum up a little interest in this FX comedy series that will premiere on Thursday June 29th.
Windfall (NBC): Repeat. Yet another chance to take in this drama that premiered last Thursday to decent ratings for a summer show but will be hard pressed to retain them. If you are really hard up for something to watch and donâ€™t have cable then give it a go and see what you think. Review our review.
Ultimate Wedding Cakes (Food Network): New. A $10,000 prize is vied for.
The 4400 (USA): New. The third season premieres tonight right where season two left off. Baby Isabel isnâ€™t a baby anymore and the special powers of the 4400 have been unleashed. Runs two hours.
- The 60th Annual Tony Awards (CBS): Maybe this awards show will only go three hours since it is running sans host. See who and what was the best from the past theater season.
- Deadwood (HBO): New. Third and final season premiere.
- Entourage (HBO): New. The third season premiere kicks off with the guys going to the premiere of Vinceâ€™s Aquaman movie.
- Falcon Beach (ABC Family): Repeats. The two hours premiere and the first regular episode play tonight if you would like to catch up before Monday nightâ€™s new episode.
- Jeff Dunham: Arguing With Myself (Comedy Central): Repeat. You donâ€™t see too many ventriloquists around anymore but this guy is amazing and funny. You canâ€™t beat that.
- Lucky Louie (HBO): Series Premiere. HBO tries their hand at a regular sitcom style comedy but with all the things that go with pay cable.
- Rescue Me (FX): Repeat. If you missed this episode earlier in the week here is your chance to catch back up.
- ABC has final round golf coverage of the Barclayâ€™s Classic.
- CBS has Formula One Racing with the British Grand Prix.
- ESPN has Sunday Night Baseball with the Cleveland Indians playing the Chicago White Sox.
- ESPN2 has FIFA World Cup Soccer early.
- Golf Channel has the final round of the McDonaldâ€™s LPGA Championship golf tournament with young Michelle Wie just one shot back.
- FOX has NASCAR Racing with the Pocono 500.
- NBC has Arena Bowl XX from Las Vegas with the French Open Menâ€™s tennis final earlier in the morning.
- Dan Cookâ€™s Tourgasm (HBO): New. The â€œitâ€ comic and a three pals go on a 30 day tour of America.
TV Show Marathons
- Food Network â€“ It is all about weddings today.
- TNT â€“ Nine episodes from the first season of The Closer to get you ready for tomorrow nightâ€™s second season premiere.
- TV Land â€“ Twelve episodes of Gunsmoke followed by 24 episodes of All in the Family.