The first hour of primetime on Wednesdayâ€™s was never very good during this past TV season and the summer season has kept that tradition alive and well. Take in a new episode of Blue Collar TV as The WB burns off remaining episodes and then go grab a snack or something until the next hour of primetime starts and see if America really does have any talent. Will you be watching Simon Cowellâ€™s latest foray into reality TV?
Blue Collar TV (WB): New. The theme is aliens.
Blue Collar TV (WB): Repeat. The theme is money.
Americaâ€™s Got Talent (NBC): Series Premiere. Regis Philbin hosts this Gong Show looking competition show. Judges include singer Brandy and David Hasselhoff. Runs two hours.
George Lopez (ABC): Repeat. If you like fat jokes then this is the episode for you.
Freddie (ABC): Repeat. If you watch George Lopez I would actually recommend that you flip over to The WB for the repeat Blue Collar TV instead of this, as at least that show provides some laughs.
Lost (ABC): Repeat. Find out why everybody hates Hugo.
Lost (ABC): Repeat. Get a look at the other side of the island as the tailies want to be taken to the camp of the rest of the crash survivors.
Drew Careyâ€™s Sporting Adventures (Travel Channel): Repeat. Here is another chance to catch last weekâ€™s show before another new episode tomorrow.
Celebrity Poker Showdown (Bravo): New. Watch Jenna Fischer from The Office and four others play Texas Holdâ€™em for charity in New Orleans. Runs two hours.
- AFI Life Achievement Award: A Tribute to Sean Connery (USA): New. Friends and other actors commemorate his career with highlights of his work. Runs two hours.
- Good Eats (Food Network): New. See what Alton does with some cube steak.
- So You Think You Can Dance (FOX): New. The remaining 18 compete over the course of the two-hour show.
- Without a Trace (TNT): Repeats. Three episodes tonight but the first two are the “Doppelganger” episodes, which are quite good. Twins certainly can be a pain in the ass when trying to figure out who did it.
- World Poker Tour (Travel Channel): New. The Reno Hiltonâ€™s World Poker Challenge is the setting for tonightâ€™s show. Runs two hours.
- ESPN has doubleheader Wednesday Night Baseball with the Cincinnati Reds at the New York Mets followed by my hometown Seattle Mariners at the Los Angeles Dodgers. Earlier in the day find a couple of World Cup Soccer matches.
- ESPN2 has a couple of NCAA World Series games with a couple of World Cup Soccer matches earlier in the day.
TV Show Marathons
VH1 â€“ 12 episodes of Americaâ€™s Next Top Model.