Actually there are two reasons. They are the shows I canâ€™t wait to see again and new show that might be worth a look. This list is the seven new shows premiering this fall that I am most looking forward to checking out. They are the ones that have caught my eye, the ones that I will definitely not miss. Will they be any good? Will they last more than a few episodes? I sure hope so. But as with any new show looks can be deceiving. So without any further ado here are:
The 7 Fall 2006 New TV Shows I Canâ€™t Wait For
- Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip â€“ (Premieres Monday Sept. 18th on NBC) This one is getting a lot of buzz because it is from Aaron Sorkin who brought us the TV shows The West Wing and Sports Night and the movie The American President. He is a very gifted writer that puts forth interesting characters, funny dialogue and serious situations that move at a breakneck pace. It also has the return of Matthew Perry to series TV. He played my favorite character on Friends, Chandler Bing. In this he plays a troubled TV writer that looks to be somewhat based on Mr. Sorkin himself.
- Heroes â€“ (Premieres Monday Sept. 25th on NBC) Hasnâ€™t everyone thought about what it would be like to have a superpower? In this series ordinary people start to realize they have extraordinary abilities. But why have they, for what purpose? Have they been different all along? How many of them are there? These are the things that I want to know.
- The Nine â€“ (Premieres Monday Sept. 18th on ABC) This show has a strong cast with Chi McBride (Boston Public), Tim Daly (Wings, Eyes) and Scott Wolf (Party of Five, Everwood). Nine people are held hostage in a bank. Their lives are inextricably linked and changed forever. But what happened in there? Well the show follows these people after this horrific event. You get to see pieces of what happened in flashbacks. It has a bit of a Lost vibe to it in the way the story is told.
- Six Degrees â€“ (Premieres Thursday Sept. 21st on ABC) Six beautiful people who donâ€™t know each other. Yet their daily decisions affect the other five. Is it coincidence? Or is something larger behind it? This show is from the people who brought you Lost and Alias. Two of my favorite recent shows. This looks really good even thought it seems like they just decided to take the flashback sequences from Lost and turn them into a show.
- Runaway â€“ (Premieres Monday Sept. 25th on The CW) What if The Fugitive had a family? That is the idea behind this show starring Donnie Wahlberg (Boomtown) as Paul Rader and Leslie Hope (24, Commander in Chief) as his wife Lily. Paul is unjustly convicted of a violent crime. He and his family, which includes two teenagers and an eight year old, go on the run from the authorities and the real killer. They change their names and try to stay one step ahead knowing that the smallest thing could uncover their secret life.
- Smith â€“ (Premieres Tuesday Sept. 19th on CBS) This one looks good but given the climate recently for this type of show (Heist, Thief) I wonder how long it will stick around. It stars Ray Liotta (Goodfellas) as the leader of a crew who is looking to do one last big heist and then call it quits for good.
- Standoff â€“ (Premieres Tuesday Sept. 5th on FOX) What is it like to be a hostage negotiator? The show stars one of my favorite actors Ron Livingston from one of my favorite movies Office Space. In this he plays Matt Flannery one of the two best hostage negotiators in the FBIâ€™s Crisis Negotiation Unit. Who is the other one? Well just ask Matt as he is sleeping with her, yet nobody knows. They have agreed to keep it a secret. That is until Matt lets that info slip while trying to talk a guy out of a bad situation. What will happen now? I want to see, do you?
What are yours? What new Fall 2006 shows look good to you? Leave a list of your own in the comments.
I’m always interested to check out the new shows, usually only one or two capture my attention enough to get thru a whole episode, but still. Our list is up if youâ€™d like to lookâ€¦ have a great day!
I am looking forward to seeing new episodes of My Name Is Earl.
Show title was edited by Admin
I can’t wait for House to start back up again. That’s my favorite show on TV…..and Dr. Phil (Okay, I”m a talk show junkie ;) )