Many networks were left without a primetime lineup when The WB and UPN became The CW. To fix this a new network called MyNetwork TV has stepped in to try and fill these hours with the Telenovela. These are soap opera like shows but in the format that you may have seen or heard about on Spanish language television. These shows will run five nights a week just like your daytime soaps do. Yet these I guess are not meant to run on forever like they do. These seem to have an ending at some point. If you have a MyNetwork TV (MyNet) in your area their new shows Desire and Fashion House premiere tonight. For a look at what can be found on the big five networks for fall check out the Ultimate Guide to the Fall 2006 TV Schedule.
House (FOX): Season Premiere. The third season of House begins tonight with House returning to work after healing from being shot. Will he be better than ever or even more reckless?
Standoff (FOX): Series Premiere. In the first episode the relationship between the two top negotiators for the FBI is found to be more than professional. Unfortunately for both this fact comes out during a negotiation. It looks similar in tone to Bones except the two leads are sleeping together in this one.
NCIS (CBS): Repeat. Gibbs is trying to recover from his injuries he got when a bomb exploded.
Desire (MyNet): Series Premiere. Sofia Milos (CSI: Miami) and a bunch of others I have never heard of star in this story of a man and mother and brother who head for California after he sleeps with the daughter of a New Jersey mobster. Runs 61 minutes.
Fashion House (MyNet): Series Premiere. Stars Bo Derek (10) as a legend in the fashion industry that makes a secret deal.
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (NBC): Repeat. The hunt is on for a serial pedophile that has killed most of a family and taken two kids.
Dead Like Me (Sci Fi): Repeat. George is stuck training the nephew of her boss while Mason has to reap at a childrenâ€™s birthday party.
Eureka (Sci Fi): New. A young computer programmer returns to town and problem start to come about.
Nip/Tuck (FX): Season Premiere. Christian and Sean have hit a milestone worth celebrating. Runs 71 minutes and plays twice tonight.
- Dirty Jobs (Discovery Channel): New. Mike tries out his 100th dirty job, this one with the U.S. Army. Runs two hours.
- Overhaulinâ€™ (TLC): New. A teacher who was voted â€œHottest Teacherâ€ by the students at her school gets her 1964 Chevy Malibu redone.
- Rachael Rayâ€™s Tasty Travels (Food Network): New. Baltimore is visited.
- Relative Chaos (ABC Family): Released 2006. If you missed it one of the two times it played last night his is a third chance to see it. It is the story of a wacky family reunion where competition is what the gathering is all about and stars Christopher Gorham, Terry Bradshaw, Charisma Carpenter and Nicholas Brendan.
- Road Tasted (Food Network): New. The Deen boys head to Colorado for some tasty treats.
- Throwdown with Bobby Flay (Food Network): New. Bobby challenges a BBQ master.
- TBS has MLB action with the Atlanta Braves at the New York Mets.
- USA has U.S. Open tennis coverage most of the day.
What channel will your TV be tuned to tonight?