I actually watched last nightâ€™s audition episode of American Idol. I had never actually watched an entire audition episode in any season. I usually wait for the competition to begin before I watch much. The auditions took place here in my hometown of Seattle and boy were they bad. I canâ€™t believe these people actually think they can sing. It is incredibly sad. As I laughed my ass off at these deluded wannabes I also felt bad for them. How could they not know that we are laughing at them, not with them, but at them and not in a good way like a standup comedian? Why would anyone subject himself or herself to that? How can you not know you canâ€™t sing? Out of 16,000 people only 14 made it to Hollywood. The worst was the woman who said she had the vocal range of Mariah Carey only to prove she was Mariah Scary. The other was the guy from Utah who said his coworkers encouraged him to tryout. That is one of the cruelest practical jokes I have ever heard of if that was actually the case. What did you think of last nightâ€™s American Idol Seattle Auditions?
My Name Is Earl (NBC): New. Randy and Catalina are looking for an apartment together while Earl hears about the death of a guy he once locked in a truck.
The Office (NBC): New. Oscar is back and Jim has enlisted Karen and Pam to prank a new target.
Greyâ€™s Anatomy (ABC): New. Georgeâ€™s father looks like he may recover while Mark gets really pissed at Addison. Runs 61 minutes.
Men in Trees (ABC): New. Marin is having a bit of writerâ€™s block and decides to help out at the townâ€™s rummage sale. Her publisher makes an unexpected visit with a critique of the second chapter of her book.
Smallville (The CW): New. Aquaman, Cyborg and The Flash come to Metropolis to help Green Arrow and Clark thwart a LutherCorp secret lab. Can you say â€œJustice League?â€
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (CBS): New. Who is Keppler? Find out tonight when he joins the rest of the CSIs on a case involving a serial killer who has recently become active again.
Shark (CBS): New. Billy Campbell plays a serial killer who decides to be his own attorney and go up against Stark and his team.
Emeril Live (Food Network): Repeat. Emeril whips up some comfort foods like spiked hot chocolate and stuffed burgers.
American Chopper (TLC): New. Senior challenges Junior to a build off after opening their new headquarters.
Throwdown With Bobby Flay (Food Network): Repeat. A donut battle is waged.
Ace of Cakes (Food Network): Season Premiere. A Wrigley Field cake is made.
- 30 Rock (NBC): New. Liz and Jenna have decided to get serious about their dating lives and it comes as a shock when they switch to the typical role of the other while doing so.
- The O.C. (FOX): New. Che takes Seth into the woods for some camping while Taylor decides that she canâ€™t speak to Ryan. Julie is working hard to get back in good stead with Kirsten.
- Scrubs (NBC): New. Tonight is the musical edition of Scrubs where the whole show becomes a Broadway play.
- Ugly Betty (ABC): New. Betty is determined to get Daniel back on his feet while Wilhelmina decides who is going to continue working at Mode.
- ESPN has a college basketball game.
- ESPN2 has Wake Forest at Duke in college basketball action followed by day 5 tennis coverage from the Australian Open.
- Golf Channel has the second round of the Bob Hope Chrysler Classic.
- TNT has doubleheader NBA action with the Indiana Pacers at the Miami Heat followed by the Los Angeles Lakers at the Dallas Mavericks.