Top 12 Men on American Idol Season 6 Perform
Not all that well, but they did perform. The show started off with some energy as Rudy Cardenas picked an up tempo song to debut with. From there we meandered through the rest of the two hours of American Idol just waiting for that Wow! moment, which never came.
Paula was her normal supportive self, Randy found a few things to like and Simon didnâ€™t hear much at all that impressed him. It was a ho-hum night all around. Hereâ€™s hoping that the girls bring a little something to the table when they sing tomorrow.
I had a couple of favorites going into the first night. They are funny guy Chris Sligh and beat boxer Blake Lewis. Blake is from up here in my neck of the woods. I thought they both did really well tonight. So, how does the TVaholic think last nights performances on American Idol Season 6 should be ranked? Well, read on and find out.
How the Top 12 Menâ€™s Performances Ranked:
- A.J. Trabaldo â€“ Randy thought he was â€œpretty goodâ€ and Paula said he â€œcan definitely singâ€ while Simon thought it was â€œgood but predictable.â€ He was the 11th to sing out of the twelve and I thought he sounded the best of the night and wasnâ€™t to be outdone by the final performer.
- Blake Lewis â€“ Blake decided that he should show America that he is more than a human beat box and did so quite well. He had the second best vocal of the night. Randy â€œkinda duggitâ€ while Paula thought the vocals were â€œspot on.â€ Simon was just happy to hear something that â€œsounded contemporary.â€
- Phil Stacey â€“ Randy thought this performance was the â€œbest of the night.â€ They all thought it started out pretty shaky as did I but when he hit the chorus he really did sound great. Simon thought he was â€œokâ€ in the grand scheme of things but â€œgood for tonightâ€ given the rest of the performances.
- Chris Sligh â€“ Had the fourth best performance but the best comeback after Simon said his performance â€œwas ok.â€ He made a dig about not coming to tryout for the Teletubbies, for which Cowell has produced albums.
- Sanjaya Malakar â€“ Another one from up here in the Great Northwest had a very boring performance but I thought the vocal was pretty good. Randy thought it was â€œreally badâ€ while Paula said he was â€œhesitantâ€ and Simon thought it was â€œdreary.â€ It sounded good, especially if you were looking for something to fall asleep to.
- Jared Cotter â€“ Randy thought he was â€œpretty goodâ€ and Simon said is was â€œunadventurous.â€ He sounded pretty good to me, as well.
- Nick Pedro â€“ He got a â€œwasnâ€™t goodâ€ from Randy and a â€œwasnâ€™t terribleâ€ from Simon while Paula just â€œdidnâ€™t feel it.â€ It was a middle of the pack performance.
- Rudy Cardenas â€“ Came with some energy to start things off but that was about it. Randy thought that the quality of his performance good be seen â€œin any bar.â€ Paula thought is was â€œfantasticâ€ and Simon thought it was â€œnothing unique.â€
- Brandon Rogers â€“ Randy thought he was â€œpitchyâ€ while Paula thought he did a â€œgreat jobâ€ and Simon thought it was â€œsafeâ€ and â€œpredictable.â€ It was a solid performance but overall it was left lacking.
- Paul Kim â€“ Randy liked his â€œpotentialâ€ while Paula thought he was â€œpitchyâ€ and Simon thought he was â€œordinary.â€ It wasnâ€™t a very good performance but he should be sticking around for another shot next week.
- Sundance Head â€“ I canâ€™t believe this guy even made it this far in the competition. I donâ€™t think anybody has gotten farther on his or her initial audition in front of the triumvirate than this guy. He belted out another stinker tonight. Randy said he was â€œoff pitchâ€ and Simon thought he was â€œflatâ€ while Paula thought he â€œpicked the wrong song.â€ I am not a very musical person and I thought his singing was very flat myself and then was very happy with myself when Simon agreed. This guy has got to go.
- Chris Richardson â€“ Randy thought he â€œworked it outâ€ and Paula thought he was â€œreally goodâ€ while Simon thought it was a â€œbad vocal.â€ I thought it was a terrible vocal and most definitely the worst of the night. I hope Gavin DeGraw wasnâ€™t watching.
So, Sundance Head and Chris Richardson is my bottom two, after the Top 12 Men performed this week on Season 6 of American Idol. If I had all the votes they are the two who would be gone. Who do you think should leaving Thursday night? Who do you think had the best performance of the night? Leave your rankings in the comments.