Last night the 10 remaining ladies on Season 6 of American Idol performed. After two weeks of seeing the guys and gals sing, it is a womenâ€™s world and the men are just taking up space for the most part.
This week the performance rankings look a lot like last week. Melinda Doolittle and LaKisha Jones are in the top 2 and Alaina Alexander and Antonella Barba are in the bottom two. In the middle there was a bit of shuffling around. Who did you think did the best of the women? The worst?
So, how did the 10 remaining girls do this week? Well, letâ€™s see.
American Idol Season 6 â€“ Top 10 Women Performance Rankings:
- Melinda Doolittle â€“ Well, she did a lot. She had the performance of the night. Randy thought her performance â€œwas hotâ€ while Simon agreed and said it â€œwas incredible.â€ He went on to say that he thought it was the â€œbest vocalâ€ in â€œthe competition so far.â€ Hopefully that will boost her confidence just a bit.
- LaKisha Jones â€“ Was outstanding last week and had the second best performance of the night, this week. Whatever happens in this competition, she should be singing somewhere all the time. Randy thought that it â€œwas hotâ€ and Paula â€œloved itâ€ while Simon thought it was â€œnot as good as last week,â€ he did think it was â€œphenomenally good.â€
- Stephanie Edwards â€“ Made the biggest improvement over last weekâ€™s ranking. Randy thought she should not try to be Beyonce, she should â€œbe Stephanie Edwards.â€ Paula thought it was â€œfantasticâ€ and Simon agreed, saying it was a â€œterrific performance.â€
- Gina Glocksen â€“ She is one of my two favorite females in the competition and did really well tonight, although I had to agree with Simon that the wardrobe didnâ€™t go with the song she chose. She did look great though. Vocally Paula thought she did an â€œexcellent jobâ€ and Simon thought it was a â€œgood choice of song.â€ She should definitely stick to the Rock type songs as much as possible.
- Sabrina Sloan â€“ Missed that last note, which hurt and otherwise very good performance. Randy thought it was â€œvery nice overallâ€ while Paula thought she was â€œfantasticâ€ and Simon thought it was â€œvery good.â€
- Jordin Sparks â€“ Randy thought that where she is for someone of such a young age is â€œunbelievable.â€ Paula said she was an â€œinfectiousâ€ and â€œtalented girl.â€ Simon told her it â€œwasnâ€™t your best.â€
- Leslie Hunt â€“ Well, at least she was floundering around the stage this week. She did sound a bit better until that scat part of the song. It just didnâ€™t look or sound right coming from her. I donâ€™t know why, it just didnâ€™t. Randy thought it was â€œpitchyâ€ and Paula thought she was â€œback in her element.â€ Simon thought she is â€œgetting lost in this competition.â€
- Haley Scarnato â€“ Randy said it â€œwasnâ€™t great for meâ€ while Paula thought she was â€œso much better than last week.â€ Simon thought her performance was â€œmanic verging on insaneâ€ and that vocally she â€œcame out badly.â€ She is a pretty face with a pretty good voice but doesnâ€™t have any idea who she is, as in, what type of singer she is or wants to be.
- Alaina Alexander â€“ Randy thought she â€œstarted off goodâ€ and then her â€œpitch went awayâ€ and she ended up â€œall over the place.â€ Paula thought the â€œpitch was a little bit off.â€ Simon thought she started off good, as well, but â€œran out of steam.â€
- Antonella Barba â€“ Had the misfortune to sing a bad rendition of Celine Dionâ€™s â€œBecause You Love Meâ€ right after the best performance of the night from Melinda. Randy thought it was â€œcompletely the wrong song.â€ Paula thought it was â€œleaps and bounds from last weekâ€ and it was. Unfortunately, it was still the worst singing of the night. Simon thought she was â€œworse than last week.â€
I say Alaina and Antonella should be the ones packing their bags this week. Although, any of the bottom four could easily get sent home. Who do you think will receive the least amount of votes this week?