The NCAA Tournament games are earlier in the day today, allowing CBS to have a lineup of new episodes of The Amazing Race, Cold Case and Without a Trace. ABC is all about the repeat, while the craptacular NBC reality game show lineup is mostly new. On FOX, The Winner plays twice to end the showâ€™s first season run. Will it be back? Who knows? Do you want to see it back? If it could somehow get magically paired with NBCâ€™s The Office that would make for one cringingly good hour of TV. Also of note, you will find a couple of TV marathons on cable today.
The Simpsons (FOX): Repeat. Marge is depressed, so the kids and Homer try to cheer her up with a little trip to Barnacle Bay.
The Winner (FOX): New. When Josh starts making new friends his own age at school, Glen thinks that it might be a good idea for him to find a new friend, as well.
Cold Case (CBS): New. The team starts looking into the case of a woman found at the bottom of a river.
Without a Trace (CBS): New. When a teenage girl disappears shortly after leaving an Internet cafÃ© goes missing, the team begins an investigation.
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (ABC): Repeat. Alan Jackson performs and the team rebuilds a home knocked down by a tornado for a fireman and his wife that was injured and paralyzed during the storm.
Family Guy (FOX): Repeat. Peter gets his pooper poked looking for polyps while Lois tires of Stewieâ€™s affections for her.
The Winner (FOX): Season Finale. Glen gets â€œHot for Teacherâ€ when he runs into his old homeroom teacher played by Katey Sagal (8 Simple Rules, Married with Children).
Brothers & Sisters (ABC): Repeat. This is the episode where Sarah, Tommy and Kevin go looking for the property their dad had purchased and all find out a shocking secret.
Chefography (Food Network): Repeat. See how Emeril became Emeril in this profile. New Chefography episodes follow about Rachael Ray and Bobby Flay.
The Dresden Files (Sci Fi): New. A local gangster and his girlfriend are killed and Harry must get into the world of dark magic to find out what happened. Plays again later.
Battlestar Galactica (Sci Fi): New. This is part 1 of 2 where the Baltar trial begins and people begin to believe he is of the divine. Plays again later.
- Blood Ties (Lifetime): New. A woman who isnâ€™t what she first appears to be hires Christina to find her brother. The two-hour premiere last week had some of the worst dialogue I have seen in a long time, well, until I watched last weekâ€™s premiere of October Road on ABC. At least that show had better acting than this one does. Did you catch the premiere last week of Blood Ties? What did you think?
- Chefography (Food Newtork): New. Two new episodes that profile Rachael Ray and Bobby Flay play twice tonight.
- Desperate Housewives (ABC): Repeat. The hostage episode, â€œBang,â€ replays tonight.
- Dirt (FX): Repeat. The â€œPap Smearedâ€ episode replays and runs 65 minutes. It is followed by a repeat of the â€œPilotâ€ episode of The Riches.
- ABC has the Dallas Mavericks at the Detroit Pistons in NBA action.
- CBS has day two of the second round games of the NCAA Tournament. If you here about a large fire visible from space in the Seattle area, donâ€™t worry, it was just my bracket going up in flames.
- ESPN has a Womenâ€™s NCAA Tournament first round game and then later on has the Minnesota Timberwovles at the Los Angeles Lakers in NBA action.
- ESPN2 has three Womenâ€™s NCAA Tournament first round games throughout the day.
- FOX has NASCAR racing with the Nextel Cup: Kobalt Tools 500 from Atlanta Motor Speedway.
- Discovery Channel has 11 episodes of Dirty Jobs today; see what messy situations Mike can get into.
- TV Land has the Threeâ€™s Company marathon that started last night that continues for most of today. This includes an episode or two of The Ropers and Threeâ€™s a Crowd.
Sign-up and get Tonight on the Tube in your inbox.