Sci-Fi Friday reappears on Sci Fi Channel tonight with the return of Stargate SG-1, for its final episodes, Stargate Atlantis and the premiere of newcomer Painkiller Jane. Also, premiering tonight is the Henry Rollins Show on IFC. A special about his recent trip to Israel plays right before the new season kicks off. In casting news, Las Vegas, which ended its season early a few weeks ago on Friday nights, is looking at bringing on Tom Selleck as the new owner of the Montecito. He would fill the void left by James Caan when it returns next season. Selleck has made many TV appearances and guest stints, most recently on Boston Legal and most notably on Friends, but nothing regular since Magnum, P.I. ended. Would this get you to tune in and checkout the show?
Greyâ€™s Anatomy (ABC): Repeat. Last nightâ€™s clip show of moments from the past three seasons and hosted by Jeffrey Dean Morgan replays.
Raines (NBC): New. Raines investigates the death of a friendâ€™s wife. On the surface all appears to be straight forward, but after a little digging, a web of lies is found beneath the surface. This is a solid show that I hope NBC will give a chance to stick around.
Numb3rs (CBS): Repeat. The death of a minor league baseball player is investigated and it brings up old memories for Don.
Identity (NBC): New. More people try to guess what other people do for money.
Shark (CBS): Repeat. A real-estate developer that not many liked is killed and Stark and his team get the case. Stark hires a bodyguard to keep Julie safe.
Law & Order (NBC): Repeat. Charlotte Ross (NYPD Blue) plays a controversial speaker in this episode where at one of her speeches a gun is fired in a crowd and a student dies.
Stargate SG-1 (Sci Fi): New. This is the first of the final 10 episodes of this version of the show. It is part 2 of 2 of â€œThe Quest.â€ A special about the mythology of the show plays right before and this plays again later.
Stargate Atlantis (Sci Fi): New. Part 2 of 2 of â€œThe Returnâ€ where Oâ€™Neill and Woosley are trapped on Atlantis and Sheppard tries to rescue them. Plays again later.
Painkiller Jane (Sci Fi): Series Premiere. Based on the comic book character and a previous Sci Fi Channel movie, Kristanna Loken (Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines) plays the title role. She is a woman who feels the pain of her injuries, but does not die. A covert government group that tracks down genetically altered humans with special powers recruits her. Sounds like it could be a lot of fun. Plays again later.
- $40-a-Day (Food Network): Repeat. Rachael Ray visits my hometown of Seattle in this replay. Plays again later.
- Giadaâ€™s Weekend Getaways (Food Network): New. Los Angeles is visited. Plays again later.
- Paulaâ€™s Party (Food Network): New. The U.S. Navy surprises Paula. Plays again later.
- What Not to Wear (TLC): New and Repeat. Three episodes play twice tonight. The first is â€œBaby on Boardâ€ where they help expectant mothers keep stylish. Then a preschool teacher gets made over. Finally, the â€œBehind the Seamsâ€ special plays.
- ESPN has an NBA doubleheader with the Indiana Pacers at the Miami Heat followed by the Phoenix Suns at the Los Angeles Lakers.
- ESPN2 has Friday Night Fights.
- TBS has the Florida Marlins at the Atlanta Braves in MLB action.
- Versus has doubleheader NHL Playoff action.
- House (USA): Repeat. The â€œFetal Positionâ€ episode from two weeks ago on FOX replays where a famous photographer collapses during a photo shoot and the team must figure out what is wrong with her.
FX has the first five episodes of The Riches replay tonight, ending with this past Mondayâ€™s episode.
Subscribe and get Tonight on the Tube in your inbox.