On CBS, Ghost Whisperer and Close to Home both have their season finales tonight. It could be the series finale for Home, as it is rumored that Shark may take that timeslot next season. Numb3rs has its season finale next week. On NBC, Law & Order has its season finale next week. L&O is actually on the bubble for making it another season on NBC. If NBC passes on it, TNT would like to pick up a shorten 13 episode season to air along with their zillions of L&O replays. The problem being that if NBC canâ€™t afford to pick up the show, because production costs are so high, TNT probably wonâ€™t be able to either. In other NBC news, as well as, news about shows with Friday Night in the title, NBC announced yesterday that they are renewing Friday Night Lights for a second season. No word yet on what night it will air though. That is great news indeed. Now, that leaves only four of my five shows on the bubble that should be saved still needing to hear some good news.
Greyâ€™s Anatomy (ABC): Repeat. Last nightâ€™s episode, â€œTesting 1-2-3,â€ replays. The interns are taking their first year tests. The residents try to fix up some climbers that fell on Mt. Rainer. Cristina is having problems with her vows. Ava may have her memory back.
Close to Home (CBS): Season Finale. A group of corrupt cops is uncovered during a prosecution. This could be the last episode of this show.
Numb3rs (CBS): New. A truck with $50 million in relief supplies and two aid works are taken in a hijacking. The team investigates.
Ghost Whisperer (CBS): Season Finale. That prophetic ghost is still at it and doom looks to be just around the corner in Grandview.
20/20 (ABC): New. ABC News investigative reports are shown.
Law & Order (NBC): New. Two homeless men die just one day apart and detectives think it could be foul play.
Stargate SG-1 (Sci Fi): New. Netan is undermined by SG-1, so he puts a bounty on their heads. Plays again later.
Stargate Atlantis (Sci Fi): New. McKay and Sheppard have been playing a simulator game for a year now, but it turns out to be real. Plays again later.
Painkiller Jane (Sci Fi): New. A bunch of mysterious things have been happening at an FBI safe house, so the team is brought in to investigate. Plays again later.
- Emeril Live (Food Network): New. The winners of the â€œFood Network Caters Your Hawaiian Weddingâ€ contest get a tropical meal cooked for them.
- Food Network Caters Your Hawaiian Wedding (Food Network): New. The winners get meals prepared by the chefs of the network. Runs two hours and plays again later.
- Monk (USA): Repeat. I think this was the one filmed in a noir style with Monk being hired by a leper to get some papers from his estate.
- Trading Spaces (TLC): New. Four bachelors get a $20,000 kitchen remodel. Plays again later.
- ESPN has the Utah Jazz at the Golden State Warriors in NBA Playoff action.
- ESPN2 has Friday Night Fights.
- Golf Channel has coverage of the second round of The Players Championship.
- Versus has NHL Playoff action.
- House (USA): Repeat. The episode from two weekâ€™s ago on FOX where Foreman is still dealing with killing a patient and the team is working a 14-year-old who needs a bone marrow transplant.
- The Shield (FX): Repeat. Tuesdayâ€™s episode, â€œChasing Ghosts,â€ replays where Vic finally learns who really killed Lem. Runs 67 minutes.
Subscribe and get Tonight on the Tube in your inbox.