There is a whole lot going on this Sunday. Whether is be repeats of Friday Night Lights on NBC, new episodes of The 4400 and The Dead Zone on USA, the first four episodes of Army Wives on Lifetime, Kidnapped returning to NBC in late night for its unaired episodes, a new Entourage on HBO, another wannabe chef being sent home on The Next Food Network Star or a Roots marathon on TV One, there is something for just about everybody tonight on the tube. What looks good to you on TV tonight?
The Simpsons (FOX): Repeat. Bart is forced to go to Nelsonâ€™s birthday party, unfortunately for him, he told all his friends not to attend.
The Loop (FOX): New. Meryl gets upset when Sam forgets to nominate her for a big award. Another episode plays later.
Friday Night Lights (NBC): Repeat. This week focused on the cheerleaders and less on the guys, as the cheer squad heads to the Championship Classic.
Brothers & Sisters (ABC): Repeat. Events conspire, as they do on TV, to put the whole Walker family up at the country house, each of them thinking that no one else will be there. It is a good example of the shows dynamic and what types of situations and character interaction you can expect.
Without a Trace (CBS): Repeat. A man now living in New York after being displaced by Hurricane Katrina goes missing and the team investigates. Eric La Salle (ER) guests in the episode.
Cold Case (CBS): Repeat. When the bones of a 1947 tunnel construction worker are found, the team reopens a case.
Without a Trace (CBS): Repeat. The team searches for a social worker that has disappeared and recently had forcibly removed a child from an abusive situation.
The Pacifier (USA): Released 2005. Vin Diesel (XXX, The Fast and the Furious) is a Navy SEAL who is assigned to protect a family from enemies of their father. Runs the two hours leading up to The 4400.
The 4400 (USA): New. The is no fear like â€œFear Itself.â€ Runs 61 minutes and plays again later. Last weekâ€™s season premiere replays earlier in the day.
Entourage (HBO): New. Billy has the first cut of the movie, but he wonâ€™t let anyone see it. Drama throws a party at his new place and runs around trying to keep everything clean, thus bringing down the party atmosphere.
Flight of the Conchords (HBO): New. This was a very odd show. I will have to give it another show, as I tried to watch in when I was tired and I fell asleep.
- Army Wives (Lifetime): New. News of Deniseâ€™s husbandâ€™s chopper crash has spread around the post and she is having trouble dealing. Meanwhile, Joan must divulge a secret to her husband when the soldier she submitted for observation takes hostages, including Claudia Joy. This episode and last weekâ€™s play again later. The first three episodes of the series replay leading up to tonightâ€™s new episode.
- The Dead Zone (USA): New. Canâ€™t believe that they killed off Bannerman. I guess they needed some new tension for Johnny to have to deal with, in the form of a new and beautiful sheriff. Plays again later. Last weekâ€™s season premiere replays earlier in the day.
- The Next Food Network Star (Food Network): New. This week Paula Deen comes by to give them the task of cooking up comfort foods. They will be serving soldiers from Fort Dix. Plays again later. Last weekâ€™s episode replays right before this one.
- Rescue Me (FX): Repeat. Last Wednesdayâ€™s episode, â€œTuesday,â€ replays. Runs 67 minutes.
- ABC has IndyCar racing with the Iowa Corn Indy 250.
- ESPN has Sunday Night Baseball with the Detroit Tigers at the Atlanta Braves.
- ESPN2 has final round coverage of the Wegmanâ€™s LPGA Championsip golf tournament early and later Game 2 of the NCAA College World Series Championship.
- TNT has NASCAR racing with the Nextel Cup: Toyota/SaveMart 350.
- Kidnapped (NBC): New. The serial drama that starred Jeremy Sisto (Six Feet Under, Law & Order next season) as a former federal agent that is now freelance that tries to get back a kidnapped boy of a high profile family. It was very good, but was cancelled after five episodes. NBC played the rest of them online and the complete 13 episode series has already been released on DVD. Now, the unaired episodes will play late, sometime after your local news, on Sunday nights, starting tonight with episode six, â€œMy Heart Belongs to Daddy.â€ They did wrap things up, so if you watch, you wonâ€™t be left hanging on the major mystery of the kidnapping.
- The Starter Wife (USA): Repeat. Last Thursdayâ€™s episode, â€œHour 5,â€ replays.
Discovery Channel has 10 Dirty Jobs and then the last four replay.
GSN has five hours of Family Feud tonight.
FOX Reality has five episodes of The Academy today.
MTV has 10 episodes of Hip Hopâ€™s Toughest Rhymes tonight.
SOAPnet has last weekâ€™s five episodes of One Life to Live and General Hospital.
TLC has five episodes of Little People, Big World today.
TV One has the entire Roots miniseries today, which will run 12 hours. It is the most watched miniseries of all-time. It was based on Alex Haleyâ€™s bestselling book and it is available in a 30th Anniversary DVD Set.
Subscribe and get Tonight on the Tube via email.