NBC will no longer be replaying episodes of Friday Night Lights on Sundays over the summer. Overall, that is not the best news, but I don’t understand why they were showing them on Sunday nights anyway, since the show is supposed to air in the third hour of primetime on Friday nights this fall and played on Tuesday and Wednesday nights last season. You can still watch the entire season online at NBC.com or download them at . FOX will be playing the last three episodes of The Loop tonight. In future TV news, American Body Shop premieres next week on Comedy Central and in two weeks, Side Order of Life and State of Mind premiere on Lifetime to join Army Wives on Sunday nights.
Check out the new photo gallery section. The TVaholic just posted some photos from his recent Sci Fi Channel set tour of Eureka. There will be more photos from Battlestar Galactica, Flash Gordon and Stargate Atlantis to follow.
Shark (CBS): Repeat. Jami Gertz (Still Standing) guests as a married socialite who Stark prosecutes for killing her lover, but she claims it was self defense and that she was only defending herself when he attacked her after she tried to end things.
Desperate Housewives (ABC): Repeat. Susan and Ian head off for the country while Nora tries to intrude further into the lives of Tom and Lynette. Runs 61 minutes.
Brothers & Sisters (ABC): Repeat. Justine gets a letter telling him he must return to active duty, which helps push him off the path of staying clean.
Concert for Diana (NBC): New. Princess Diana’s sons organized this tribute to their mother that will include Elton John, Duran Duran, Joss Stone, Rod Stewart and others in concert from Wembley Stadium. VH1 has the entire concert early today.
Cold Case (CBS): Repeat. Lily and the team investigate the case of an autistic child who saw his parents murdered back in 2003.
Without a Trace (CBS): Repeat. A young mother with cancer that only has a few weeks to live goes missing after attending a meeting with other cancer patients.
National Treasure (USA): Released 2004. Runs the two hours leading up to The 4400. Nicolas Cage as an adventurer seeking a legendary fortune in this really fun romp with a fictionalized version of U.S. History as a backdrop. I hope the sequel that hits theaters this winter is as much fun.
The 4400 (USA): New. A woman with the ability to astral project herself is murdered and Sean decides that he should try healing people again. Runs 61 minutes and plays again later.
Entourage (HBO): New. Billy has submitted the movie to Cannes while Vince gets in over his head in Malibu and Drama restarts a romance with a party girl.
Flight of the Conchords (HBO): New. Trust is lost tonight.
- Army Wives (Lifetime): New. Roxy finds out that Marilyn Polarski is having an affair. Chase gets called away suddenly leaving Pamela in despair. Joan may be court-martialed. Plays again later. The previous two episodes replay right before.
- The Dead Zone (USA): New. Johnny ends up working with VP Stillson to prevent a national disaster. Plays again later. Last week’s episode replays early in the day on Sci Fi Channel.
- The Loop (FOX): New. The final three episodes of the second season and the series play tonight.
- The Next Food Network Star (Food Network): New. The remaining contestants are charged by Alton Brown to create a packaged food product that represents their culinary vision. Plays again later. Last week’s episode, “Fort Dix Challenge,” replays right before and again later.
- Rescue Me (FX): Repeat. Last Wednesday’s episode, “Commitment,” replays. Runs 66 minutes.
- CBS has the final round of the Buick Open golf tournament.
- ESPN has Sunday Night Baseball with the Minnesota Twins at the Detroit Tigers.
- NBC has Wimbledon coverage and then the final round of the U.S. Women”s Open Championship golf tournament. Round three finishes up earlier in the morning over on ESPN2.
- TNT has NASCAR racing with the Nextel Cup: Lenox Industrial Tools 300.
- Kidnapped (NBC): New. Conrad makes a public plea for the return of his child while Knapp finds out that the Cain family had received a warning that this was going to happen. Look for it sometime after your late local news.
- The Starter Wife (USA): Repeat. The miniseries finale, “Hour 6,” replays. All six hours play earlier in the day.
A&E has 14 episodes of Gene Simmons Family Jewels tonight.
Court TV has five hours of Haunting Evidence today.
Discovery Channel has nine episodes of Deadliest Catch.
FOX Reality has five episodes of Cannon Ball Run early.
SOAPnet has the last five episodes of One Life to Live and General Hospital today.
TLC has five episodes of Big Medicine today.
USA plays all six hours of The Starter Wife miniseries early today.
VH1 has five hours of Flavor of Love Girls: Charm School tonight, which ends with the season finale that also plays again later.
Subscribe and get Tonight on the Tube via email.