Wow, there is a whole lot of good stuff on cable tonight. Like over on Food Network after The Next Food Network Star finale is the second season premiere of Dinner: Impossible and on Spike is the premiere of the hostage standoff series The Kill Point. Also, premiering tonight is Design Star on HGTV. Tomorrow, you’ll find the series premiere of Saving Grace on TNT starring Holly Hunter. Thank goodness for TiVo like devices and Comcast On Demand or how would a TVaholic even have a chance to watch it all? What will you be watching tonight?
The Simpsons (FOX): Repeats. In order to promote The Simpsons Movie, they are playing four episodes of the show tonight, along with some clips from the upcoming movie.
Brothers & Sisters (ABC): Repeat. Kitty and Nora get sucked into using a matchmaker and Kevin meets a soap opera star. Danny Glover (Lethal Weapon) has been signed to play a new love interest for Nora.
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (ABC): Repeat. Matt Hasselbeck, Shaun Alexander and Lofa Tatupu from my hometown Seattle Seahawks help build a new home for an Alaskan family of 13.
Desperate Housewives (ABC): Repeat. Susan declares that she loves Ian while Gabby and Carlos try to get back to something a bit more normal and Bree finds out about Orson’s past.
Shark (CBS): Repeat. The “Pilot” episode replays tonight. This will be the show’s new timeslot for the upcoming fall season.
Side Order of Life (Lifetime): New. Jenny wants to be a surrogate for Vivy and while on her first big assignment she comes across a secret. Plays again later. The “Pilot” replays earlier this morning, if you haven’t seen it yet or you could read our review.
The 4400 (USA): New. Tom and Diana are on the hunt for a 4400 that knows the truth behind some of the most famous conspiracies. Runs 61 minutes and plays again later.
Entourage (HBO): New. Billy tries to make amends with Eric, Lloyd needs some time off and Turtle finds something he is going to invest in. Runs 30 minutes.
- Army Wives (Lifetime): New. Amanda doesn’t want to go on a family vacation to Montana and Denise has decided to pursue nursing once again. Plays again later.
- The Dead Zone (USA): New. Johnny develops a little thing for a woman on a train and then must try to save her from being killed. Plays again later.
- Dinner: Impossible (Food Network): Season Premiere. A section of fans at a Chicago White Sox game need to be fed by the seventh inning stretch. Plays again later. The show’s normal timeslot will be on Wednesday nights. Just using the finale of The Next Food Network Star as a lead in to launch the new season.
- The Kill Point (Spike): Series Premiere. The first two hours of this nine-hour eight part series plays where John Leguizamo (ER) plays the leader of a group of military veterans that attempt to rob a bank and Donnie Wahlberg (Boomtown) plays the negotiator that is called in when things don’t go as planned. Plays twice.
- The Next Food Network Star (Food Network): Season Finale. Find out whether Amy or Rory will be the winner. Who do you think should win? Plays again later. The eight previous episodes replay leading up to the finale.
- Rescue Me (FX): Repeat. Last week’s episode, “Black,” replays and runs 64 minutes.
- State of Mind (Lifetime): New. Ann’s mother comes for a visit so she asks her cheating husband to act as if they are still living together while her mother is in town. Plays again later. The “Pilot” replays earlier this morning, if you haven’t seen it yet or you could read our review.
- ABC has coverage of the final round of the British Open golf tournament with Sergio Garcia still in the lead. That will be followed by IndyCar racing.
- CBS has the final round of the LPGA HSBC World Match Play Championship golf tournament.
- ESPN has Sunday Night Baseball with the St. Louis Cardinals at the Atlanta Braves.
- Versus has Tour de France, Stage 14, which plays a couple more time later.
- Mad Men (AMC): Repeat. The series premiere from Thursday night, “Smoke Gets in Your Eyes,” replays.
Bravo has the first six episodes of Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List early today.
Court TV has 10 episodes of LA Forensics today.
Discovery Channel has nine episodes of Man vs. Wild and then four of them play again.
Food Network has the entire third season of The Next Food Network Star leading up to the finale tonight.
G4 has eight episodes of Shock Treatment early.
MTV has six episodes of Re-Made today.
Sci Fi is all about dinosaurs all day long, including the three part six-hour miniseries Dinotopia tonight.
SOAPnet has the last five episodes of One Life to Live and General Hospital.
Spike has eight episodes of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation leading up to The Kill Point premiere.
TLC has seven episodes of Untold Stories of the E.R.
VH1 has the five-part 100 Greatest Teen Stars.
Subscribe to Tonight on the Tube via email and keep up with all the good stuff on TV.