Tonight is the series premiere of Anchorwoman on FOX. If you missed The Starter Wife back in June and were hoping for another chance to see it on TV, then today is your day. All six hours play during the day on USA today. Tonight is the type of night that makes the TVaholic look forward to the Fall TV season getting underway, as there isn’t much to get excited about on the networks or cable, for the most part.
Power of 10 (CBS): New. Drew Carrey asks contestants to guess what the survey says, but instead of the top five answers being on the board, you have to pick the right range of percentages to win the money.
Criminal Minds (CBS): Repeat. New member of the team Emily Prentiss is part of the team that heads to Guantanamo to interrogate a prisoner that may have information about a cell planning a bombing.
CSI: NY (CBS): Repeat. Runner dies during a marathon and the team has to try and investigate while dealing with the crowds there to watch the race.
Anchorwoman (FOX): Series Premiere. A small TV station owner in a small town in Texas tries to increase his news broadcast’s rating by hiring a new reporter. She just happens to be a beautiful blonde model and former WWE wrestler with no reporting experience or training whatsoever. Will it work? Can blonde hair, big boobs and a short skirt save the station? Can she prove that she is more than a pretty face? Does anyone care? Well, you’ll have to tune in to find out. I probably won’t be, but in the first hour of primetime, it’s the second best option, unless you just love reruns of According to Jim on ABC.
Bones (FOX): Repeat. It turns out that Brennan’s father may have some connection to a body found burnt on top of a federal building.
Dateline NBC (NBC): New. It’s this or Primetime on ABC, so really, I hope you have cable if a repeat CSI: NY doesn’t interest you in the final hour of primetime tonight.
Feasting on Asphalt 2 (Food Network): Repeat. Last Saturday’s new episode replays, as Alton rides into Memphis and has some fun a real lunch counter at a drug store. Plays again later.
MythBusters (Discovery Channel): New. Ever wondered if a red cape really does do anything to a bull. Plays again later.
Rescue Me (FX): New. Tommy tries a little bribery to get some info on Janet while an AA meeting doesn’t go well for the Gavin family. It plays twice and runs 63 minutes.
- Dinner: Impossible (Food Network): New. Robert has to figure out how to feed 1000 construction workers at a job site. Plays again later.
- The Kill Point (Spike): Repeat. The “Visiting Hours” episode from two weeks ago replays. Last Sunday’s episode, “The Great Ape Escape,” replays right after.
- Tyler Perry’s House of Payne (TBS): New. Two episodes play that involve a “Teacher’s Pet” and “The Perfect Storm.”
- ESPN has Little League World Series action.
- ESPN2 has Wednesday Night Baseball with the San Diego Padres at the New York Mets and then later has the FIBA Americas Championship action with the United States vs. Venezuela.
- The 4400 (USA): Repeat. Last Sunday’s episode, “One of Us,” replays.
- Damages (FX): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “A Regular Earl Anthony,” replays.
- Flash Gordon (Sci Fi): Repeat. Last Friday’s episode, “Pride,” replays.
- Mad Men (AMC): Repeat. Last Thursday’s episode, “5G,” replays.
- My Boys (TBS): Repeat. Monday night’s episode, “Second Chances,” replays.
Bravo has seven episodes of Top Chef.
Nickelodeon has 15 episodes of The Fresh Prince of Bel Air late.
Sci Fi has 16 episodes of Tales from the Darkside early.
USA has all six hours of The Starter Wife miniseries today.
VH1 has the five-part show, 100 Greatest Teen Stars.