Tonight on MTV is the season finale of both MTV Cribs and Wild ‘n Out. It is still five weeks until the Fall TV season really gets underway on Thursday nights. FOX gets started early on September 6th with 5th Grader and Lyrics and then CBS jumps on board two weeks later with the premiere of Survivor: China on September 20th. Everything else, but 30 Rock and Supernatural, which begin October 4th, and Scrubs begins on September 27th. Scrubs is the last Thursday night show to debut on October 25th. For more on the upcoming TV season, check out the Ultimate Guide to the Fall 2007 TV Schedule
My Name Is Earl (NBC): Repeat. Earl harkens back to when Joy had a baby that he thought was his until it popped out of her.
30 Rock (NBC): Repeat. Liz is very happy with her new relationship with Floyd and Jack is being watched closely by a higher up.
The Office (NBC): Repeat. The one where they have to deal with a shipment of paper that went out with an obscene watermark on it.
Scrubs (NBC): Repeat. J.D. finds out that his ex is still pregnant and Elliot is still planning her wedding.
Without a Trace (CBS): Repeat. A girl gets a suggestive note passed to her at an Internet café and goes missing after leaving. James Marsters (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel) has been added to the cast for the upcoming season, in a recurring role, as a cop that joins a task force on human trafficking.
Smallville (The CW): Repeat. Lex learns of Chloe’s mother and her ability to control meteor freaks, so he has a drug developed to awaken her from the catatonic state she is in. Lynda Carter guests.
Grey’s Anatomy (ABC): Repeat. Izzie is testing the boundaries of her probation while Cristina is starting to rethink her and Burke’s deception about the health of his arm. Runs 61 minutes.
Boston Legal (ABC): Repeat. The son of the man, who was convicted in a case that Denny was apart of many years ago, takes the firm hostage and wants to retry the case. Old TV footage from a law show that William Shatner was in is used for some flashbacks.
Good Eats (Food Network): Repeat. Alton cooks up some Thai food. Plays again later.
Throwdown With Bobby Flay (Food Network): Repeat. The “Jerk Ribeye” battle replays. Plays again later.
Who Wants to Be a Superhero? (Sci Fi): New. Each hero has to take on the Tunnel of Fear, plus some embarrassing facts about the heroes get revealed. Plays again later. On Saturday night is the premiere of the Sci Fi Saturday Movie, Mega Snake, which has an appearance of Feedback, last season’s winner. He only appears on screen for about two minutes.
Burn Notice (USA): New. A man’s fiancé is being held for ransom and the guy is in no position to pay, so Michael tries to help him get her back. Plays again later.
- Ace of Cakes (Food Network): New. Some incredible cakes for children are designed. Plays again later.
- Flash Gordon (Sci Fi): Repeat. Last Friday’s episode, “Pride,” replays.
- Mad Men (AMC): New. An office relationship of the taboo variety is revealed and Peggy shows that she is much more than just a secretary. Plays twice and then again later.
- ESPN has Little League World Series action.
- ESPN2 has a WNBA first round playoff game.
- FOX has an NFL preseason game with the Jacksonville Jaguars at the Green Bay Packers.
- The 4400 (USA): Repeat. Sunday’s episode, “One of Us,” replays.
- The Dead Zone (USA): Repeat. Sunday’s episode, “Drift,” replays.
- Painkiller Jane (Sci Fi): Repeat. Last Friday’s episode, “Playback,” replays.
- Saving Grace (TNT): Repeat. Monday’s episode, “Would You Want Me to Tell You,” replays.
E! has the five part 101 Sexiest Celebrity Bodies today.
Nickelodeon has 15 episodes of The Fresh Prince of Bel Air late.
Oxygen has 12 hours of Snapped.
Sci Fi has eight episodes of Andromeda early.
Travel Channel has five episodes of Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations today.
USA has a reverse movie marathon with The Substitute 4 then The Substitute 3 and then The Substitute 2.