On Friday, October 5th, one of the best new shows from last season will have its second season premiere. What show am I writing about? Well, Friday Night Lights, of course. If you never took a chance on the show last season, but were thinking of giving it a go, then here is an offer for you. Next Tuesday, August 28th, is the release of Friday Night Lights – The First Season on DVD and if you purchase it and don’t get completely hooked and agree that it is a great show, then you can follow the instructions at FNLGuarantee.com and get your money back. You can’t beat that, but don’t worry, you won’t need to take advantage of the offer, as Friday Night Lights really is that good.
NFL Preseason (CBS): The New England Patriots at the Carolina Panthers in preseason football action. Kickoff scheduled for about 8:00 p.m. ET and will run for about three hours. It is pretty sad when a preseason football game is the best option on the networks. At least there are some options on cable tonight.
Set for Life (ABC): New. More attempts to win money for life.
George Lopez (ABC): Repeats. A couple of episodes replay tonight with George and Angie betting on who can live a more frugal lifestyle and in the second a guest appearance by boxer Oscar De La Hoya.
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (NBC): Repeat. Kim Delaney makes an appearance as a police captain that questions Det. Benson when she travels out of her jurisdiction to investigate a case.
Doctor Who (Sci Fi): New. “Human Nature” is battled in part one of a two-part episode. Plays again later.
Monk (USA): New. Tonight it is “Mr. Monk and the Daredevil.” Plays again later.
Psych (USA): New. Shawn and Gus go undercover at a school for the gifted as guest lecturers where some of the students think one of their teachers is a murderer. Plays again later.
- Flash Gordon (Sci Fi): New. Some killer happy bugs come through a rift from Mongo and Nick gets bitten. To save him Flash and Baylin go to Mongo to get the only cure that can save him. It plays again later. The TVaholic is looking forward to seeing this episode with the actual soundtrack, cause the review copy’s temp sound was terrible. As with last week’s episode, which replays early this morning, it is better than the “Pilot,” but it is a bit more on the silly side.
- Painkiller Jane (Sci Fi): New. Jane finds a serum that might be a cure for Neuros, or it might just be a concoction to keep her inline. Plays again later.
- What Not to Wear (TLC): New. Take a trip down memory lane with eight previous women who got the fashion overhaul treatment and see if they are still following the rules. Plays again later.
- ESPN2 has NASCAR racing with the Busch Series: Food City 250 followed by Friday Night Fights with a welterweight bout scheduled for 10 rounds.
- Rescue Me (FX): Repeat. Last Wednesday’s episode, “High,” replays.
- Side Order of Life (Lifetime): Repeat. Last Sunday’s episode, “Children and Art,” replays.
Bravo has 14 episodes of Project Runway.
MTV has 12 episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
MTV2 has 10 episodes of MTV Cribs.
Nickelodeon has 13 episodes of The Fresh Prince of Bel Air late.
Sci Fi has seven episodes of Jake 2.0 early.