Wednesday has consistently been the worst day for watching TV over the summer, but that is all going to change, once the fall season rolls around in a few weeks. Wednesday will be home to no less than eight shows that look worth checking out. It is by far the most changed night from a year ago, as there are only three shows returning in their same timeslots. Almost everything else will be new, including the entire three-hour primetime block on ABC. For more info on the fall season, check out the Ultimate Guide to the Fall 2007 TV Schedule.
On Bravo tonight, is the series premiere of Tim Gunn’s Guide to Style and over on HBO is the final installment of the Hard Knocks series about NFL training camp with the Kansas City Chiefs.
Power of 10 (CBS): New. Drew Carrey gives away more money, if people can guess the right percentage range of responses to poll questions.
Criminal Minds (CBS): Repeat. Victims are being transported into remote spots in the woods and this makes the BAU team think that the UnSubs are up to something new.
CSI: NY (CBS): Repeat. Stella learns that her DNA is connected to a case in Philadelphia, thus giving a chance for Det. Valens from Cold Case to show up with questions.
‘Til Death (FOX): Repeats. Two episodes replay or you could watch According to Jim on ABC. Neither are really that solid of a selection, yet are the best you can do in the second hour of primetime tonight. Really can’t wait until the fall season begins.
Bones (FOX): Repeat. A body found in a crater has characteristic of being in space.
NASCAR in Primetime (ABC): New. See what goes into making NASCAR go.
Feasting on Asphalt 2 (Food Network): Repeat. Last Saturday’s episodes, “Mid-American Pie,” replays. Replays again later.
MythBusters (Discovery Channel): New. The guys test some weapons myths. Plays again later.
Rescue Me (FX): New. Tommy does some heroic things at a fire in another persons uniform, which causes some confusion at the firehouse. Runs 63 minutes and plays twice.
- Dinner: Impossible (Food Network): New. Robert has to prepare a meal for 250 celebrities at a golf tournament. Plays again later.
- Last Comic Standing (NBC): New. The final three compete after another is sent home.
- Tyler Perry’s House of Payne (TBS): New. In the first of two episodes, Mr. Brown wants to take his deceased father’s house and turn it into an old folks home. In the second, CJ wants to go to the next level in his relationship with Nicole.
- ESPN has Wednesday Night Baseball with the Los Angeles Dodgers at the Chicago Cubs.
- ESPN2 has Game 1 of the WNBA Finals with the Detroit Shock vs. the Phoenix Mercury.
- USA has coverage of the U.S. Open tennis tournament most of the day.
- Damages (FX): Repeat. Last night’s episodes, “She Spat at Me,” replays.
- Flash Gordon (Sci Fi): Repeat. The third episode of the series, “Infestation,” replays.
- Mad Men (AMC): Repeat. Last Thursday’s episode, “Red in the Face,” replays.
Bravo has 10 episodes of Top Chef.
Disney Channel has 18 hours of Kim Possible.
MTV has five episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
Sci Fi has eight episodes of Threshold early.
VH1 has nine episodes of I Love the ‘70s Volume 2.