Tonight is the second season premiere of Football Night in America on NBC before Sunday Night Football. On HBO, it is the series premiere of Tell Me You Love Me and the sixth season premiere of Curb Your Enthusiasm. A&E has the season finale of The Two Coreys. Lifetime has the season finale of State of Mind. And, over on MTV is the 2007 MTV Video Music Awards. Also, now that USA’s coverage of the U.S. Open is finished, new episodes of The 4400 and The Dead Zone are back.
The Simpsons (FOX): Repeat. Homer becomes a volunteer fireman.
The Simpsons (FOX): Repeat. Marge gets involved in a popular fantasy role playing game after she begins using the Internet.
Cold Case (CBS): Repeat. A nurse confesses to killing six people and it gives new direction on a 1998 case involving the suspicious death of a terminally ill man.
Shark (CBS): Repeat. Stark goes up against a serial killer in court that acts as his own defense attorney. Billy Campbell (The 4400) guest stars.
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (ABC): Repeat. A man who saved two police officers on 9/11 gets a new home for home from Ty and the gang.
Meet the Fockers (ABC): Released 2004. The not quite as funny sequel to Meet the Parents. Stars Ben Stiller, Robert De Niro, Dustin Hoffman, Barbara Streisand, Blythe Danner and Teri Polo. Runs two hours.
Food Network Challenge (Food Network): New. Professional chefs put their own spin on the classic dish of Mac & Cheese in an attempt to win $10,000. Plays again later.
The 4400 (USA): New. Diana and Meghan have found a way to get the entity that has overtaken Tom out, but it could kill him. Plays again later.
Curb Your Enthusiasm (HBO): Season Premiere. Larry David is back with a new season of this very funny show. In the first episode, Larry and Cheryl adopt a family of hurricane refugees. Trouble as only Larry can get into ensues. Runs 30 minutes.
- Damages (FX): Repeat. Last Tuesday’s episodes, “She Spat on Me,” replays. Runs 63 minutes. Note: The TVaholic will be on a conference call Monday morning with Peter Facinelli, who plays Gregory Malina on Damages. If you have any questions about him or the show you would like me to try and get answered, post them in the comments.
- The Dead Zone (USA): New. Johnny’s future and Walt’s past collide. Plays again later.
- Iron Chef America (Food Network): New. Iron Chef Mario Batalli battles Chef Andrew Carmellini. Plays again later.
- Side Order of Life (Lifetime): New. Jenny decides to go out with the next guy that asks her out, after she learns of Ian and Becca are more than just friends. Plays again later.
- State of Mind (Lifetime): Season Finale. James gets his friends to help keep an eye on his father, after he gets kicked out of the retirement home.
- CBS has an NFL action followed by the Men’s Final at the U.S. Open.
- ESPN has Sunday Night Baseball with the Cleveland Indians at the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.
- FOX has doubleheader NFL action with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at my Seattle Seahawks in the late game in my area.
- NBC has the final round of the BMW Championship golf tournament and later Sunday Night Football with the New York Giants at the Dallas Cowboys in the NFC east match-up.
- Mad Men (AMC): Repeat. Last Thursday’s episode, “The Hobo Code,” replays.
- Rescue Me (FX): Repeat. Last Wednesday’s episode, “Keefe,” replays. Runs 63 minutes.
Bravo has five episodes of Top Chef.
Disney Channel has eight hours of Cory in the House.
MTV has five hours of Sweet 16 Blingest Bash Countdown.
Nickelodeon has 16 episodes of Home Improvement late.
WE has six episodes of Bridezillas.