ABC has the first Dancing With the Stars: Results, which runs 90-minutes followed by the 90-minute season premiere of Boston Legal. CBS has the season premieres of NCIS and The Unit followed by the series premiere of Cane. The CW has the series premiere of Reaper. Fox has the season premieres of Bones and House. NBC has the season premiere of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. On cable, BBC America has the series premiere of Ultimate Force. It looks like a terrific Tuesday to me.
In other news, NBC has ordered up another season of The Biggest Loser to air at midseason.
Bones (FOX): Season Premiere. The third season kicks off with the investigation into a skull that ends up in the windshield of a group of teenagers as they are driving down the highway.
House (FOX): Season Premiere. The fourth season begins with House having to work fast to save a girl that survived when the building she was in collapsed. Not having any underlings to actually do the work leaves him to discuss his theories with the janitor at one point.
Cane (CBS): Series Premiere. Jimmy Smits (The West Wing, NYPD Blue) as the new head of the family business, Duque Rum and Sugar, which doesn’t sit well with his brother. Drama, romance, intrigue, backstabbing and more ensue.
NCIS (CBS): Season Premiere. NCIS is going up against the elusive arms dealer the director has been tracking for sometime.
Reaper (The CW): Series Premiere. The story of a slacker who has to start working for the Devil, capturing escaped souls, because his parents sold his soul to the devil years earlier and the deal takes effect on his 21st birthday. The “Pilot” episode was directed by Kevin Smith of Clerks fame.
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (NBC): Season Premiere. Have seen some clips of this episode and Cynthia Nixon’s (Sex and the City) performance looks incredible. She plays a woman with multiple personalities that may have killed her daughter. Also, some changes are taking place in the unit.
Lincoln Heights (ABC Family): New. It looks like Jenn’s parents are getting a divorce and Cassie wants to work at the coffee shop in exchange for some art lessons. Plays again later.
Eureka (Sci Fi): New. It looks like there is a germ that turns things into gold getting around and causing serious problems for the town and Sheriff Carter. Plays again later. The “God is in the Details” episode from a couple of weeks ago replays right before.
Damages (FX): New. Gregory’s disappearance becomes a deeper problem. A secret weapon is being brought in to help Frobisher as his deposition gets closer. Ellen finds some information about the case. Runs 62 minutes and plays twice and then again later.
- Boston Legal (ABC): Season Premiere. Alan is defending Shirley, while Denny is being defended by guest star John Larroquette and Jerry is helping out with a murder case. Runs 90 minutes.
- Have Fork, Will Travel (Food Network): New. A Jamaican adventure is had. Plays again later.
- Ultimate Force (BBC America): Series Premiere. This is a new drama that follows the missions of a Special Air Service unit, the equivalent to the Navy Seals here in the States.
- The Unit (CBS): Season Premiere. Ryan is trying to put the team back together. Jonas is on the run from an assassin. Bob looks like he may be reporting to another agency about what is going on.
- Flash Gordon (Sci Fi): Repeat. Last Friday’s episode, “Life Force,” replays.
- It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia (FX): Repeats. The two episodes from last Thursday night, “Dennis and Dee’s Mom is Dead” and “The Gang Gets Held Hostage,” replay.
Bravo has 11 episodes of Project Runway.
MTV has 12 episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
Nickelodeon has 12 episodes of The Fresh Prince of Bel Air late.
Sci Fi has 16 episodes of Tales From the Darkside early.
Spike has five episodes of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation tonight.
VH1 has the five-part 6½ hour I Love Toys series, where celebrities countdown their favorites.