How great has this week been so far? The TVaholic loves this time of year. On ABC we have the season premieres of Ugly Betty and Grey’s Anatomy and the series premiere of Big Shots. CBS has the season premieres of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation and Without a Trace. The CW has the season premiere of Smallville. NBC has the season premieres of My Name Is Earl, The Office and ER. On cable, Spike TV has the season finale of TNA iMPACT!
Right now you can download the Grey’s Anatomy Breathe In Breathe Out music video and the Ugly Betty Big Girl (You Are Beautiful) / Hey Betty Mix music video for free at iTunes.
Smallville (The CW): Season Premiere. Clark goes up against the last Zoner, but the fight damages the dam and sends water spilling out. Supergirl makes an appearance.
Grey’s Anatomy (ABC): Season Premiere. Izzie has gone on what was supposed to be her honeymoon and returns still can’t find Burke anywhere. The interns are now residents and get to have their own groups of interns follow them around. Poor George is one of the interns and not a resident with the rest of the gang. Meredith’s sister gets fully introduced. Runs 61 minutes.
Big Shots (ABC): Series Premiere. It looks a lot like Sex and the City, but with dudes. Guys bond and moan about the women in their lives while trying to manage their professional lives.
My Name Is Earl (NBC): Season Premiere. Earl starts serving his time and finds it a rough go. Joy figures out just the right way to pay Earl back for what he did for her. Randy is having trouble dealing with life without his brother around.
The Office (NBC): Season Premiere. Michael starts to think that the office is curse and also decides to organize a charity fun run. Find out what is going on with Jim and Pam.
Without a Trace (CBS): Season Premiere. A celebrity couple adopts a baby from Sudan and then it kidnapped. The team tries to figure out whether where he came from or the famous parents are what may have spurred the crime.
Good Eats (Food Network): Repeat. Alton cooks up some tasty donuts. Plays again later.
Throwdown With Bobby Flay (Food Network): Repeat. A pie battle is waged. Plays again later.
Iron Chef America (Food Network): Repeat. Chef John Besh takes on Iron Chef Mario Batali in battle “Andouille Sausage.” Plays again later.
Mad Men (AMC): New. It looks like it is a “Long Weekend.” Plays twice and again later.
- Ace of Cakes (Food Network): New. Celebrity basketball plays into the episode. Plays again later.
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (CBS): Season Premiere. The frantic search to find Sara plays out after she was left in peril by “The Miniature Killer” to die before they can find her.
- It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia (FX): New. Two new episodes play tonight. In the first, Dee finds out that one of the biggest losers in her high school is now a big time fashion designer. In the second, a Korean restaurant owner attempts to get Paddy’s removed from the annual pub-crawl. Both play twice.
- Reaper (The CW): Repeat. The “Pilot” episode from Tuesday night replays.
- ESPN has Thursday Night College Football with Southern Mississippi at Boise State. Got to love that blue field turf.
- ESPN2 has soccer action with the second semifinal match of the FIFA Women’s World Cup.
Bravo has 10 episodes of Top Chef.
Nickelodeon has 12 episodes of The Fresh Prince of Bel Air late.
Sci Fi has seven episodes of The Outer Limits early and then tonight plays three TV movies about earthquakes.