ABC gets underway tonight with the season premieres of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, Desperate Housewives and Brothers & Sisters. FOX has the season premiere of American Dad. Over on cable, Showtime has the season premieres of Dexter and Brotherhood, E! has the season finale of Sunset Tan and VH1 has the season finale of Rock of Love With Bret Michaels. For you High School Musical fans out there, Disney Channel is play both of them tonight.
The Simpsons (FOX): New. Homer all of a sudden can sing opera after an injury and he becomes a star.
King of the Hill (FOX): New. A soda machine at school is protested.
Desperate Housewives (ABC): Season Premiere. Find out what happened to Edie, Gaby’s marriage, Lynette’s cancer and a new couple moves to Wisteria Lane. Dana Delaney (Kidnapped, China Beach) and Nathan Fillion (Drive, Firefly) join the cast. Runs 61 minutes. The “Secrets & Lies” clip show that played last week is available as a free download at.
Brother & Sisters (ABC): Season Premiere. It’s Kitty’s birthday, Sara is fighting for her marriage, Kevin learns a hard lesson and Saul is questioning himself.
Gossip Girl (The CW): Repeat. Last Wednesday’s episode, “The Wild Bunch,” replays.
Cold Case (CBS): New. A 15-year-old girl was found beaten in 1998 and the team reopens the case.
Shark (CBS): New. The murder of Isaac’s fiancé is reopened, but Stark doesn’t want anyone to tell him that the perpetrator may still be at large.
Food Network Challenge (Food Network): Repeat. Five contestants battle it out in a wedding cake challenge with a prize of $10,000. Plays again later.
Dexter (Showtime): Season Premiere. Dexter is back for a terrific episode to kick-off season two. This is one of the best characters and shows on TV. Plays again later. Read review.
Curb Your Enthusiasm (HBO): New. Larry gets Richard Lewis’ girlfriend a job and lives to regret it. Runs 30 minutes.
- Brotherhood (Showtime): Season Premiere. Tommy is working to get one over on a U.S. attorney, Michael is re-establishing his territory and Declan is investigating. Plays again later.
- Damages (FX): Repeat. Last Tuesday’s episode, “Do You Regret What We Did?,” replays. Runs 62 minutes.
- Side Order of Life (Lifetime): New. Jenny goes out with Brian, but it may not be all that she was expecting. Do you think he is really “cell phone man?” Ian Ziering (Beverly Hills, 90210) guest stars. This episode plays again next Sunday morning. Next Sunday night is the two-hour season finale. Last week’s episode, “Awakenings,” replays right after.
- ABC has NASCAR racing with the Nextel Cup: Kansas 400.
- CBS has NFL action with the game of the day being the Denver Broncos at the Indianapolis Colts.
- ESPN has the third place match of the FIFA Women’s World Cup with Norway vs. United States.
- FOX has NFL action that includes my Seattle Seahawks at the San Francisco 49ers for the early season division lead.
- NBC has golf action from day four of the Presidents Cup with the U.S. team ahead against the International team and later Sunday Night Football with the Philadelphia Eagles at the New York Giants.
- Versus has NHL action with the Anaheim Ducks at the Los Angeles Kings early, as they are playing in London.
- Chuck (Sci Fi): Repeat. Last Monday’s “Pilot” episode replays.
- Flash Gordon (Sci Fi): Repeat. Last Friday’s episode, “Alliances,” replays.
- It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia (FX): Repeat. Last Thursday’s episodes, “The Aluminum Monster” and “The Gang Solves the North Korea Situation,” both replay. Runs 63 minutes.
- Journeyman (Sci Fi): Repeat. Last Monday’s “Pilot” episode replays.
- Life (USA): Repeat. Last Wednesday’s “Pilot” episode replays.
- Mad Men (AMC): Repeat. Last Thursday’s episode, “Long Weekend,” replays.
Discovery Channel has five episodes of Man vs. Wild and then four of them replay.
The N has 12 hours of Degrassi: The Next Generation tonight and tomorrow night as well.
History Channel has five episodes of Band of Brothers.
MTV has 12 episodes of Amercia’s Next Top Model.
Sci Fi has the three part six-hour miniseries, Stephen King’s Storm of the Century.
USA has episodes of Law & Order: Criminal Intent all day.
TLC has 12 episodes of Miami Ink.
WE has seven episodes of Bridezillas.