Tonight is the series premiere of Viva Laughlin on CBS. It will move to its regular timeslot on Sunday before Cold Case with a new episode. On the cable side, we have the season finales of Celebrity Rap Superstar on MTV and Mad Men on AMC.
In other news, The Starter Wife miniseries that played on Thursday nights, at the beginning of the summer, will be making the transition to regular series beginning in March 2008.
My Name Is Earl (NBC): New. Earl decides to take a creative writing course in prison.
30 Rock (NBC): New. Jack has a secret collection of cookie jars that he must do away with and Tracy’s wife is staying with him at all times.
Grey’s Anatomy (ABC): New. Derek tries to show Cristina how to be a better teaching resident. Izzie reveals her feelings for George to a mutual friend and gets an unexpected reaction. The Chief’s niece is rushed to the hospital.
Viva Laughlin (CBS): Series Premiere. A guy tries to open a casino in Laughlin, Nevada even though his business partner has been found murdered and he lacks the complete financing to make it happen. Oh, and the cast breaks out into song and dance throughout the show. Will check it out, but even with its late arrival, it sounds like a candidate for an early exit from the fall schedule. Will you be watching?
Smallville (The CW): New. Chloe visits a dangerous doctor in hopes of getting rid of her power. Dean Cain (Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman) guest stars.
The Office (NBC): New. Jim and Pam spend the night at Dwight’s family farm and Michael tries to stave off his growing debt by asking his employees for loans.
ER (NBC): New. A terminally ill young boy gets his baseball dream fulfilled. A former patient gives out beauty treatments in the ER for free.
Good Eats (Food Network): Repeat. Alton puts up with all kinds of “Melondrama.” Plays again later.
Throwdown With Bobby Flay (Food Network): Repeat. An ice cream sundae battle is waged. Plays again later.
American Chopper (TLC): New. Work continues on the ethanol powers bike. Plays again later.
Mad Men (AMC): Season Finale. Don’s domestic life is being interfered with by work. Peggy gets another opportunity and Betty discovers something. Plays twice and again later.
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (CBS): New. The case of a dead young man that was thought to be a woman upon first look is investigated.
- It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia (FX): New. Two episodes play. In the first, the gang thinks that Mac is a serial killer. In the second, Dennis and Dee try to figure out a way to go on welfare. Runs 65 minutes total and plays twice.
- Law & Order: Criminal Intent (USA): New. It looks like the death of a dentist may be connected to the death of one of his patients. Plays again later. The season premiere episode replays right after.
- The Next Iron Chef (Food Network): Repeat. If you missed it on Sunday, here is another chance to see how the contestants did with “Part 2: Simplicity and Innovation.” Plays again later.
- ESPN has Thursday Night College Football with South Florida at Rutgers.
- FOX has Game 5 of the American League Championship Series with the Cleveland Indians at the Boston Red Sox.
- TNT has preseason NBA action with my Seattle Supersonics at the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Versus has college football action with Utah at Texas Christian.
- Law & Order: Criminal Intent (USA): Repeat. The seventh season premiere, “Amends,” replays.
Bravo has 10 episodes of Project Runway.
Oxygen has 12 episodes of Roseanne followed by 15 episodes of Snapped.
Sci Fi has eight of the nine episodes of Wolf Lake early.
Travel Channel has six hours of America’s Most Haunted…
USA has Law & Order: Criminal Intent episodes all day long.