Tonight, HBO has the fifth season finale of Real Time With Bill Maher. On cable, Sci Fi Friday changes up a bit, as Flash Gordon moves up an hour.
How is it that Friday night has become one of the best of the week for TV? Friday Night Lights is one of the best shows on TV, Women’s Murder Club is really good, Numb3rs combines family drama, math and procedural elements in an extremely compelling way, Las Vegas is pure escapist fun, Moonlight has improved a bit, Men in Trees is just a whole lot of fun, and don’t forget Flash Gordon and Stargate Atlantis. That is eight pretty decent to really great offerings and all on a Friday night. Also, if Moonlight isn’t enough almost good vampire action for you, there is Lifetime’s Blood Ties as well. What, if any of these, are you watching on Fridays? Which get the TiVo treatment?
Men in Trees (ABC): New. Marin and Jack are in a huge fight, as wolves are invading Elmo. Ben’s hockey team purchase may become a disaster. Annie’s mom comes to town for wedding preparations.
Friday Night Lights (NBC): New. Riggins goes about proving he wants to be part of the team. Tami’s sister, played by Jessalyn Gilsig (Boston Public), comes for a visit. The investigation is starting to point to Landry.
Numb3rs (CBS): New. An alternate-reality gamer plunges to his death and the team investigates. It turns out that Amita is quite the gamer and is key to catching the bad guy.
Deal or No Deal (NBC): New. Kermit the Frog makes an appearance as the episode goes “green.”
Women’s Murder Club (ABC): New. A father-to-be is murdered and the club investigates.
Las Vegas (NBC): New. Delinda wants the Montecito to go “green” and Danny is not so hot on her ideas. A mystery woman comes for a visit and Cooper shows a different side to his personality.
Flash Gordon (Sci Fi): New. Flash finds out about the disaster that transformed Mongo into the way it is now. Runs 61 minutes and plays again later. A new 2-minute Razor flashback plays during the episode. Watch previous Razor flashbacks.
Paula’s Party (Food Network): New. Paula puts some new twists on some Thanksgiving favorites. Plays again later.
Stargate Atlantis (Sci Fi): New. Teyla and Dr. Keller find the entire New Athos settlement is gone. Starts a minute after the hour and plays again later. Last week’s episode, “Tabula Rasa,” replays right before.
- Band of Bloggers (History Channel): New. Soldiers’ blogs change the way combat is understood by those back home. Plays again later.
- Giada’s Weekend Getaways (Food Network): New. Giada heads for the “Colorado Rockies.” Plays again later.
- Moonlight (CBS): New. Mick is investigating arson at an old historic hotel and things bring back memories of Coraline’s death.
- ESPN has an NBA doubleheader with the Denver Nuggets at the Washington Wizards followed by the Cleveland Cavaliers at the Sacramento Kings.
- ESPN2 has college football action with Rutgers at Army.
- Blood Ties (Lifetime): New. Henry is dealing with the turf war and Vicki doubts why Christina is really doing what she is doing.
- House (USA): Repeat. The “Mirror Mirror” episode from last week replays, where Foreman and the fellows learn a few things about themselves when treating a patient.
- Nip/Tuck (FX): Repeat. The “Joyce and Sharon Monroe” episode from Tuesday replays. Runs 62 minutes.
Bravo has seven episodes of Project Runway.
MTV has 12 episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
Sci Fi has eight episodes of Doctor Who early.
Spike has five episodes of Disorderly Conduct: Video on Patrol.
Travel Channel has 22 episodes of John Ratzenberger’s Made in America.
Friday night is Henry night for me ;-)
And Vicki and Mike.