The picks below include info on number of episodes filmed and remaining scripts, resulting from the writer’s strike. Some shows not mentioned include Supernatural, which has 11 episodes already filmed and five more scripts ready to go, and Ugly Betty, which has 13 episodes already filmed. Big Shots has two episodes left unaired, which are presently scheduled for November 29th and the week after. Next week, will be the premiere of October Road in the post Grey’s Anatomy timeslot and then move to its regular timeslot the following Monday.
My Name Is Earl (NBC): New. Earl and Randy are trying to track down Frank after his escape. Joy wants Darnell to figure out how to speed up the birth. The show has already completed filming its season, but not sure how many episodes that entails.
30 Rock (NBC): New. Liz suspects that a neighbor might be a terrorist and Jack meets a congresswoman at a party and falls for her. Production has stopped with only 10 episodes completed. This is episode six.
Grey’s Anatomy (ABC): New. A school bus crash fills the ER with injured students. Derek goes out on a date. Meredith’s father comes looking for her at the hospital. Eleven episodes were complete before the strike and this is episode eight.
Women’s Murder Club (ABC): New. Jason Sehorn, former NFL player and husband of Angie Harmon, plays an NFL star that crosses paths with Lindsey when a football player and close friend of his is found murdered. Another new episode plays on Friday night in its regular timeslot. Couldn’t find info on remaining episodes for this show.
Smallville (The CW): New. Clark takes the blue crystal to the fortress and meets his bio-mom for the first time. Helen Slater guest-stars. Chloe finds out about Lois and Grant. There have been 15 episodes completed. This is episode eight.
The Office (NBC): New. Jan is suing Dunder Mifflin and Michael is deposed as a witness. There are only two or three episodes left, as the cast isn’t crossing the picket line and production has shutdown.
Scrubs (NBC): New. Carla thinks she is losing her identity and starts to worry. J.D. gets the staff mad at him when they realize that the reason he uses nicknames for everybody is because he doesn’t know any of their names. Eleven episodes completed before strike. This is episode four. NBC is thinking about making a 12th non-WGA episode the finale. That would completely suck.
Without a Trace (CBS): New. A college student goes missing after a class where she made some provocative comments. Was not able to find remaining episode info as of yet.
Good Eats (Food Network): Repeat. Alton cooks up some green bean casserole. Plays again later.
Throwdown With Bobby Flay (Food Network): Repeat. A turkey and dressing battle is waged. Plays again later.
The Next Iron Chef (Food Network): Repeat. See how the winner was selected in the final battle. Replays again later.
Law & Order: Criminal Intent (USA): New. A budding novelist is murdered and Goren and Eames are on the case.
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (CBS): New. Sara questions her future as a CSI when a suspect from her past returns. This is Jorja Fox’s last episode. Only 10 episodes have been filmed. This is episode seven.
- It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia (FX): Season Finale. Two episodes play. In the first, Paddy’s gets put up accidentally as a prize in a dance contest. In the second, the finale, Barbara is getting jealous of Frank’s relationship with his kids. Runs 61 minutes and plays twice.
- Mad Men (AMC): Repeat. Episode five, “5G,” replays. Replays again later.
- ESPN has Thursday Night College Football with Oregon (2) at Arizona.
- ESPN2 has two games from the 2K Sports College Hoops Classic.
- TNT has an NBA doubleheader with the San Antonio Spurs at the Dallas Mavericks followed by the Chicago Bulls at the Phoenix Suns.
CMT has five hours of Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making the Team tonight.
Oxygen has 12 episodes of A Different World followed by 15 episodes of Snapped.
Sci Fi has eight episodes of BeastMaster early.
USA has Law & Order: Criminal Intent episodes all day.
VH1 has the five-part 100 Most Wanted Bodies.