News & Notes
Happy New Year everybody! Tonight, we get a few new things popping up on the old tube. CBS has the season premieres of Just For Laughs and According to Jim, yes, that’s right, Jim is unbelievably back for a seventh season and NBC has the season premiere of The Biggest Loser: Couples.
The list of New Year’s Day TV Marathons below includes a few good ones again, like The Beverly Hillbillies, CSI: Miami, Dirty Jobs, Law & Order and Monk. Which ones look good to you?
Allstate Sugar Bowl (FOX): Georgia vs. Hawaii is the match-up this year. Hawaii went undefeated this season, which included a win against my Washington Huskies to finish off the season. Should be fun watching the big-time passing attack of the Warriors against the Bulldogs defense, which is probably the best defense they will have faced this season. It will also be interesting to see if the Warriors can stop the Bulldogs ground attack. Broadcast starts at 8:30 p.m. ET.
NCIS (CBS): Repeat. An investigation into the death of a lance corporal that was buried in a vacant house’s backyard and then dug up is underway.
The Unit (CBS): Repeat. The team is sent into a hurricane to bring out an African dictator from a hospital, but must choose between completing the mission and saving others that are stranded as well.
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (NBC): New. A gang of homeless children looks to be behind the murder of a wealthy teenager.
- One Tree Hill (The CW): Repeat. The season four finale episode, “All of a Sudden I Miss Everyone,” replays. The season five, where the series flashes forward four years, begins next week. The 13 episodes before this one all replay tonight on SOAPnet.
- The Office (TBS): Repeats. “The Coup,” where Angela tries to get Dwight to go after Michael’s job is first up and then the “Grief Counseling” episode follows.
- ABC has the Capital One Bowl with Florida vs. Michigan followed by the Rose Bowl with Illinois vs. USC.
- CBS has the Konica Minolta Gator Bowl with Texas Tech vs. Virginia.
- ESPN has the Outback Bowl with Tennessee vs. Wisconsin followed by college basketball.
- FOX has the AT&T Cotton Bowl Classic with Arkansas vs. Missouri early and later the Allstate Sugar Bowl with Georgia vs. Hawaii.
- NBC has the outdoor NHL Hockey game with the Pittsburgh Penguins at the Buffalo Sabres.
New Year’s Day Rose Parade
- ABC has Tournament of Roses Parade coverage.
- NBC has the 119th Annual Tournament of Roses Parade with hosts Al Roker and Nancy O’Dell.
- HGTV has the Rose Parade 2008 with a one hour The Making of the Rose Parade 2008 special leading into it.
- Travel Channel has the 119th Annual Tournament of Roses Parade with hosts Al Roker and Nancy O’Dell and then replays it three more times. They also have a two-hour pre-show, if you want to see what is going to happen, before it happens, or you just don’t think the one hour version on HGTV is enough.
New Year’s Day TV Marathons
A&E has 12 episodes of CSI: Miami.
BET has the Notarized: Top 100 Videos of ’07 Countdown all day.
Bravo has 11½ hours of The Biggest Loser.
Cartoon Network has three Pokemon movies today.’
CMT has 24 episodes of Trick My Truck.
CNBC has six episodes of American Greed: Scams, Scoundrels and Scandals early.
Discovery Channel has 15 episodes of Dirty Jobs.
Discovery Times has six episodes of 48 Hours: Hard Evidence tonight.
DIY has 22 episodes of Blog Cabin.
E! has the five-part 101 Incredible Celebrity Slimdowns early.
ESPN2 has 13 hours of World’s Strongest Man Competition episodes.
Food Network has all seven episodes of The Next Iron Chef competition.
FOX Reality has 10 hours of Biggest Loser Australia episodes early.
G4 has 34 episodes of Cops 2.0.
Hallmark Channel has Westerns like Quigley Down Under, Hang ‘Em High and The Good, the Bad and the Ugly all day and night.
History Channel has five episodes of American Eats that play twice.
History International has 12 episodes of The Worst Jobs in History early.
Military Channel has 17 episodes of Weaponology.
MSNBC has six episodes of Lockup: Holman that play twice.
MTV has six episodes of Made early followed by 12 hours of My Super Sweet 16.
National Geographic has five episodes of National Geographic’s Most …
Oxygen has alternates between episodes of The Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency and The Bad Girls Club all day.
Sci Fi continues their The Twilight Zone marathon that began yesterday.
SOAPnet has 13 episodes, #8-20 of from last season, of One Tree Hill and episode #21, the season finale, replays on The CW tonight.
Speed has 22 hours of Barrett-Jackson Automobile Auction programming.
Spike TV has seven hours of shows about animals on the attack followed by Kill Bill: Vol. 1 & Vol. 2.
Sundance Channel has 18 episodes of Slings and Arrows.
Style has 11 episodes of Extreme Makeover.
TLC has episodes of shows focusing on weight issues all day and night.
Travel Channel plays the 119th Annual Tournament of Roses Parade four times today followed by eight episodes of Cash and Treasures that play twice.
TNT continues with their Law & Order marathon that began yesterday.
TruTV (formerly Court TV) has 20 episodes of Beach Patrol.
TV Land continues with their The Beverly Hillbillies marathon that began yesterday.
TV One has 40 episodes of The PJs.
USA is playing the first 18 episodes of Monk, the 13 of season one and the first five of Season two, in order starting early.
Versus has 10 hours of World Extreme Cagefighting.
VH1 has episodes of America’s Next Top Model play all day and night thru Thursday night.
WE has six episodes of Bride vs. Bride followed by five episodes of Twister Sisters.