News & Notes
Tonight, CBS has the third and final segment of the Comanche Moon miniseries and FOX has the Wednesday night premiere of American Idol, which will be the results show once they get to the actual competition. Over on cable, Comedy Central has the fifth season premiere of Reno 911!, Discovery Channel has the sixth season premiere of MythBusters and MTV has a Real World: Sydney reunion special.
Wow, there sure is a dearth of good TV on the tube tonight. This looks like a really good night to have few things saved up on the old TiVo, or to pop in a DVD from a favorite series. What will you be watching tonight, if anything?
This item doesn’t really have anything to do with Wednesday night TV, except that it might help with the problem mentioned above. Right now the season premiere episode of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles can be downloaded free at iTunes and Amazon Unbox. It is worth checking out if you missed it on Sunday night.
American Idol (FOX): New. Tonight Dallas wannabes perform for the judges hoping for that yellow piece of paper that sends them to Hollywood. Runs two hours.
Law & Order (NBC): New. The case of a murdered attorney leads the detectives down a path of greed and corruption while looking for the killer.
Power of 10 (CBS): New. More questions from Drew Carrey about what the polls said when they asked people questions about the things they do.
Law & Order: Criminal Intent (NBC): Repeat. Well, it’s new to you if you weren’t watching USA this fall. Logan and Falacci are up this week with a case involving the murder of a fertility doctor.
Cashmere Mafia (ABC): New. Juliet is still dealing with her feelings about Davis. Mia is going up against a new editor. Zoe is troubled by an office affair. Caitlin gets outed by a gossip blog. Thought the second episode was marginally better than the first, but that isn’t really saying much.
Good Eats (Food Network): Repeats. Two episodes replay with Alton being joined by some substitutes in the first and becoming poachable in the second. Both replay again later.
MythBusters (Discovery Channel): Season Premiere. Part one of a two-part episode plays with the guys testing out the gadgets, getaways and guns from the James Bond movies. Plays again later.
Tyler Perry’s House of Payne (TBS): New. Two new episodes play with Jazmine having everyone wait on her when she returns home after surgery in the first and Janine acting strangely in the second. Two repeat episodes replay right before.
- Comanche Moon (CBS): Part 3 of 3. The six-hour miniseries concludes tonight. It is based on the Larry McMurtry novel and is a prequel to Lonesome Dove. It stars Val Kilmer (Déjà vu, Spartan), Steve Zahn (Rescue Dawn, Sahara), Rachel Griffiths (Brothers & Sisters, Six Feet Under), Linda Cardellini (ER) and Elizabeth Banks (Scrubs). Runs two hours.
- Dinner: Impossible (Food Network): New. Robert is given eight hours to produce enough hors d’oeuvres cruise ship’s sail-away party. Plays again later. The
- Gossip Girl (The CW): Repeat. See how it all began, as the “Pilot” episode replays tonight.
- ESPN has a college basketball doubleheader with Duke at Florida State followed by North Carolina at Georgia Tech.
- ESPN2 has NBA action with the Chicago Bulls at the Miami Heat followed by college basketball with Texas A&M at Texas Tech. The rest of the day is pretty much coverage of the Australian Open tennis tournament.
A&E has five episodes of CSI: Miami tonight.
Bravo has 10 episodes of Project Runway.
MTV has five episodes of True Life tonight.
Oxygen has 12 episodes of A Different World early.
Sci Fi has 16 episodes of Tale From the Darkside early.
Versus has six episodes of WEC WrekCage.
VH1 has eight episodes of I Love New York.