News & Notes
Tonight, CBS has the season finale of The Amazing Race 12 and The CW has the season finale of Life is Wild. Over on cable, AMC has the series premiere of Breaking Bad, FOX Reality has the series premiere of Battle of the Bods and VH1 has the season premiere of My Fair Brady.
Life is Wild (The CW): Season Finale. Katie makes friends with a HIV-positive student. Emily and Jesse get into it. The Blue Antelope gets inspected. This is the last completed episode before the strike.
Cold Case (CBS): Repeat. This season’s premiere episode, “Thrill Kill,” replays, where Lily is back from her time off after being shot.
Brothers & Sisters (ABC): Repeat. Episode two from this season, “An American Family,” replays, where Kevin, Kitty and Nora go to pickup Justin and much family bickering ensues.
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (ABC): New. A two-hour episode shows you the “Luther Family” and what the team does for them and the facility the mother runs a therapeutic riding program from.
Shark (CBS): Repeat. Episode two from this season, “For Whom the Skel Rolls,” replays, where the team reopens the case of Isaac’s fiancé’s murder and Stark wants to keep him out of the loop. It looks like next week the last finished episode will play.
Challenge (Food Network): Repeat. Twenty chefs compete in a seafood grill-off in New Orleans. Plays again later.
The Wire (HBO): New. The press finds out Carcetti’s plan for the police, Marlo reaches out for help with a problem, and Gutierrez gets some inside info from McNulty. Plays again later.
Breaking Bad (AMC): Series Premiere. A high school chemistry teacher, played by Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle), finds out that he only has about six months to live and decides to do something to insure his family’s financial future before he passes. Using his chemistry background to cook drugs is probably not the best idea. Plays twice and then again later. Check out the video below or find out more about Breaking Bad and watch more video clips. For even more videos, click-up the AMC video player on our video players page.
- Iron Chef America (Food Network): New. Iron Chef Morimoto battles chef Fortunato Nicotra. Plays again later.
- Nip/Tuck (FX): Repeat. Last Tuesday’s episode, “Rachel Ben Nalan,” replays. Runs 62 minutes.
- Throwdown With Bobby Flay (Food Network): New. Bobby competes in a lasagna battle. Plays again later.
- CBS has the AFC Championship with the San Diego Chargers at the New England Patriots.
- ESPN2 has coverage of the Australian Open tennis tournament.
- FOX has the NFC Championship with the New York Giants at the Green Bay Packers.
- NBA TV has the New Jersey Nets at the Phoenix Suns.
- NBC has NHL action.
- Mad Men (AMC): Repeat. The series premiere episode, “Smoke Gets in Your Eyes,” replays. AMC will be replaying the entire season with an episode each week in late night starting tonight.
ABC Family has the final night of the Bring-It-On-A-Thon, where they will be playing all four Bring It On movies. This includes the premiere of Bring It On: In It to Win It, which plays twice tonight.
BBC America has the last seven episodes from Torchwood season one. The second season premieres next Saturday.
Cartoon Network has 13 episodes of My Gym Partner’s a Monkey.
MTV has 12 episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
Spike TV has 10 episodes of Pros vs. Joes, a new season begins on Wednesday night.
TLC has 10 episodes of What Not to Wear.
Travel Channel has seven episodes of Tribal Life.
VH1 has the five-part 100 Greatest Songs of the ‘80s.
WE has five episodes of Rich Bride, Poor Bride.
What will you be watching tonight?