News & Notes
Tonight, CBS has the season finale of Shark and NBC has a Guinness World Records: Top 100 two-hour special. Over on cable, TNT has The 14th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards.
Shark (CBS): Season Finale. A long time friend of Stark’s is shot and killed, but the bullet may have been meant for him.
The Russell Girl (CBS): Premiere. Amber Tamblyn (Joan of Arcadia) stars as a woman that returns to her small town, but something happened before she left that many still hold a grudge against her. She tries to make amends. Runs two hours.
The Simpsons (FOX): New. Marge harkens back to her college days, when she was seeing a professor and Homer was in a grunge rock band.
The Simpsons (FOX): Repeat. Millhouse thinks his parents have died and starts to act like a grown up.
Extreme Makeover: Extreme Makeover (ABC): New. If you aren’t into Shark or The Simpsons, you can watch the first hour of this two-hour episode, where the team is rebuilding a home that was lost in a flood.
Brothers & Sisters (ABC): Repeat. In “History Repeating” from this season, Nora and Rebecca try to help Justin manage his pain. Julia leaves with her parents, telling Tommy she needs to go away for a while.
Challenge (Food Network): Repeat. The competitors make cakes representing cartoon characters. Plays again later.
The Wire (HBO): New. The police department is dealing with a lot of transition. The newspaper may be on to some big news out of City Hall. Plays again later.
Breaking Bad (AMC): New. Walter and Jesse have to get rid of the mess in the RV, while Walter’s wife starts to suspect something. Plays twice and then again later. Last week’s “Pilot” episode is right now available free at Amazon Unbox, as is a making of special. For more on the series, read our review of the premiere. Check out a clip from tonight’s episode below.
- The Closer (TNT): Repeat. Episode four from season three, “Ruby,” replays, where Sgt. Gabriel loses control with a suspect in the disappearance of a young girl.
- Life is Wild (The CW): New. Mistakenly mentioned that last week’s episode was the season finale, which will actually be next week. Tonight, Katie and Tumelo have both relationship breakups. Jo and Art are in a competition to show whose duties are harder.
- Nip/Tuck (FX): Repeat. Last Tuesday’s episode, “Magda & Jeff,” replays. Runs 63 minutes.
- Throwdown With Bobby Flay (Food Network): New. A biscuit battle is waged. Plays again later.
- ABC has a NBA doubleheader with the Boston Celtics at the Orlando Magic followed by the Cleveland Cavaliers at the Los Angeles Lakers.
- CBS has the final round of the Buick Invitational golf tournament with Tiger Woods well in the lead.
- ESPN has Winter X Games coverage then NBA Basketball with the Denver Nuggets at the Dallas Mavericks and then more Winter X Games.
- ESPN2 has doubleheader women’s college basketball.
- NBC has U.S. Figure Skating Championship coverage in primetime.
- Versus has the NHL All-Star Game, which replays again later.
- Mad Men (AMC): Repeat. Episode two, “Ladies Room,” replays. AMC is replaying the entire season in late night Sundays.
Cartoon Network has 12 episodes of Courage the Cowardly Dog.
Comedy Central has 19 episodes of Comedy Central Presents.
MTV has 12 episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
Sci Fi has killer insects and creature movies all day.
Spike TV has five episodes of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
Travel Channel has six episodes of Living With the Kombai Tribe: The Adventures of Mark and Olly.
What will you be watching tonight?
I watched the pilot episode of “Breaking Bad.” Not bad.
Delores, not only was it “not bad,” it wasn’t even breaking in that direction.