News & Notes
In renewals news, CBS has announced that Survivor will be around for at least two more years and NBC has announced another edition of Celebrity Apprentice will be back in January 2009.
Smallville (The CW): New. Clark is frozen at the fortress and Bizarro is posing as him. Lana tells him about Braniac, played by James Marsters (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), and that they suspect him being behind some serial killings. Grant tells Lionel that he is a clone of Julian, which shocks Lex. Five episodes remain after tonight.
Lost (ABC): Season Premiere. Everyone is unsure what to make of Charlie’s warning, as it looks like they are about to be rescued. Runs 62 minutes. This is the first of eight episodes that were completed before the writers’ strike.
Eli Stone (ABC): Series Premiere. A corporate lawyer begins to question what he does after having visions that tell him he should be doing things differently. His friends, family and colleagues begin to question his sanity.
My Name Is Earl (NBC): Repeat. Michael Rapaport (The War at Home) guest stars as a fellow inmate that Earl and Joy both new before jail in the episode, “The Frank Factor,” from this season.
The Office (NBC): Repeat. Part two of the “Dunder-Mifflin Infinity” episode replays, where Ryan is trying to bring the company into the digital age and Angela is still mad at Dwight about her cat. This is the second part of the second episode of this season, which originally played as a one-hour episode.
Supernatural (The CW): New. This show doesn’t usually make the picks or selections, but it is new tonight and it is not a reality show. Sam and Dean come across a coven of witches in Massachusetts that has been killing people and despite warnings, they confront them anyway. Check out a clip from tonight’s episode below, or for more clips and a behind the scenes chat with Jared and Jensen, click up The CW video player on the video players page. Three episodes remain after tonight.
Without a Trace (CBS): Repeat. Episode five from this season, “Run,” replays, where a woman goes missing after a shooting at her office and the investigation leads to a secret the woman had been keeping that may have lead to her going on the run.
Friends (TBS): Repeats. The second and third episodes, “The One With the Breast Milk” and “The One Where Heckles Dies,” from season two replay.
American Chopper (TLC): New. The guys start work on a My Name Is Earl inspired bike. Plays again later.
Breaking Bad (AMC): Repeat. Sunday’s episode, “The Cat’s in the Bag…,” replays tonight after a showing of Top Gun. Replays again later. Watch a clip from the episode below.
- Ace of Cakes (Food Network): New. The gang builds a volcano cake. Plays again later.
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (CBS): Repeat. The “Cockroaches” episode from this season replays, where Warrick becomes a suspect in a stripper’s murder.
- Lost (ABC): Special. Clip show to help those that need a refresher before the new season kicks off tonight.
- ESPN has a college basketball doubleheader with Boston College at North Carolina followed by Indiana at Wisconsin.
- ESPN2 has a college basketball doubleheader with Providence at Notre Dame followed by North Carolina State at Duke.
- TNT has a NBA doubleheader with the Dallas Mavericks at the Boston Celtics followed by the San Antonio Spurs at the Phoenix Suns.
- Psych (USA): Repeat. Last Friday’s episode, “Lights, Camera … Homicidio,” replays.
History Channel has five episodes of Human Weapon that play twice.
MTV has five episodes of Made tonight.
Sci Fi has eight episodes of The Twilight Zone early.
What will you be watching tonight?