News & Notes
In game show news, CBS has announced that The Price Is Right will be returning to primetime for a six-week stint on Fridays in the Ghost Whisperer timeslot, starting on February 22nd. During that period, Ghost Whisperer will move up an hour into the Moonlight timeslot. Also, NBC has announced a new game show called Amnesia, which will be hosted by Dennis Miller and begin airing on February 22nd, as well. It will premiere after the season finale of 1 vs. 100 on that night and then move down an hour to takeover the 1 vs. 100 timeslot the next week.
Sci Fi is airing the “Pilot” episode of NBC’s Chuck before Flash Gordon tonight.
If none of the picks or choices below interest you, maybe watching the premiere episode of NBC’s Lipstick Jungle before it hits the airwaves next Thursday might. Right now, you can download the episode free at Amazon Unbox.
Bones (FOX): Repeat. Episode seven from season one, “The Man on Death Row,” replays, where Booth and Brennan are trying to tie up any loose ends from one of Booth’s first cases in the FBI, before the execution takes place.
Friday Night Lights (NBC): New. Matt is starting to go off the deep end. Landry may actually have two ladies interested in him. Smash comes to Coach for advice, as he starts his three-game suspension. Two episodes remain after tonight.
Las Vegas (NBC): New. Danny and Mike enter a basketball tournament, where the losers start showing up dead. Piper is under evaluation for Concierge of the Year. Three episodes remain after tonight.
Grey’s Anatomy (ABC): Repeat. Tonight’s replay from this season tries to get to “The Heart of the Matter.” The Chief’s niece is rushed into the hospital. Derek is trying to show Cristina what being a teaching resident entails. Runs 62 minutes.
House (FOX): Repeat. This is a great episode from season two. House has a young boy as a patient that is showing symptoms of a disease that an old man and former patient of House’s died of.
Numb3rs (CBS): Repeat. The “Velocity” episode from this season replays, where a car crashes into a coffee shop, but Charlie may be able to show it wasn’t really an accident.
Flash Gordon (Sci Fi): New. This is part one of a two-part episode. Next week is the conclusion and also the season finale. Tonight, an uprising against Ming by Aura’s deviant brother gets underway. Plays again later.
Monk (USA): New. Monk starts painting and he turns out to be quite the success, but doesn’t deal with it well. Plays again later.
Psych (USA): New. During an initiation part of a local brotherhood dies and Shawn and Gus go undercover to try to get inside the secret group, where it turns out that Lassiter’s father-in-law is one of the leaders. Plays again later.
- Desperate Housewives (ABC): Repeat. Very funny episode from this season, “If There’s Anything I Can’t Stand,” replays, where people on Wisteria Lane are getting a little crabby.
- Moonlight (CBS): Repeat. Episode four, “Fever,” replays, where Mick gets caught out in the desert trying to find a woman. Didn’t really care for this episode, as it was just another case of the big bad tough vampire having to be saved by someone else, which happened way too often in the first few episodes of the show.
- Stargate Atlantis (Sci Fi): New. Sheppard ends up in the middle of a secret experiment when he returns to Earth for his father’s funeral. Plays again later. Last week’s episode, “Harmony,” replays right before. Check out a clip from tonight’s episode below.
- ESPN has a NBA doubleheader with the Utah Jazz at the Washington Wizards followed by the New York Knicks at the Portland Trail Blazers.
- ESPN2 has Friday Night Fights.
- Nip/Tuck (FX): Repeat. Tuesday’s episode, “Kyle Ainge,” replays. Runs 63 minutes.
Disney Channel has 16 episodes of The Suite Life of Zack & Cody.
MTV has 12 episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
Sci Fi has eight episodes, #3-10, of Level 9 early, the last of which is one of four episodes that never aired during its short run on UPN back in 2000.
Spike TV has 16 episodes of Whacked Out Sports.
Versus has 16 episodes of Field Sports.
What will you be watching tonight?