News & Notes
Over on cable, BBC America has the British Academy of Film and Television Arts 2008 awards show and on Oxygen and USA, you will find a replay of the Lipstick Jungle “Pilot” episode during the day.
In writers’ strike news, it looks like it might really be over and writers could be getting back to work soon. But, what does that mean for your favorite shows? Well, Ausiello over at TV Guide has started putting together a list of what shows might have new episodes for April/May, what shows will not return until Fall and what shows might not return, ever.
Enter to win a free One Tree Hill Season Four DVD set. The odds of winning are pretty good, since only eight people have entered so far, as of this posting, for a chance to win one of two sets being given away. Maybe everyone is just waiting until the last minute and will enter on Tuesday before the entry window closes that night.
The 50th Annual Grammy Awards (CBS): Special. The best in music in honored tonight. On hand to perform are Feist, Alicia Keys, Brad Paisley and Foo Fighters among others. Runs three hours.
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (ABC): New. A Marine that lost a leg in Iraq and his family get a home makeover while they vacation in Los Angeles. Runs two hours.
Brothers & Sisters (ABC): New. Kevin gets a surprise visit from Jason. Nora really likes spending time with Isaac. One new episode remains after tonight.
Food Network Challenge (Food Network): New. Pastry chefs compete in a “Chocolate Landmarks” competition. Plays again later.
The Wire (HBO): New. Templeton is making some headlines. Bunk is following some old leads. Plays again later.
Breaking Bad (AMC): New. Walter is trying to figure out what to do with the dude in the basement while he and Jesse clean up the mess that was made last week. Plays twice and again later. If you have heard good things about the show and feel episode three is to late to join in, then you can catch up this Wednesday night, as AMC will be airing the first three episodes that night. Check out a clip from tonight’s episode below. (RSS and eMail readers may need to click to the site to view the video clip)
- In Treatment (HBO): Repeats. All five of week two’s episodes replay tonight leading up to The Wire.
- Iron Chef America (Food Network): New. Chef Alex Stupak puts Iron Chef Cat Cora to the test. Plays again later.
- Nip/Tuck (FX): Repeat. Last Tuesday’s episode, “Lulu Grandiron,” replays. Runs 63 minutes.
- Throwdown With Bobby Flay (Food Network): New. A “Chocolate Chip Cookies” battle is waged. Plays again later.
- ABC has a NBA doubleheader with the San Antonio Spurs at the Boston Celtics followed by the Los Angeles Lakers at the Miami Heat.
- CBS has the final round of the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am golf tournament.
- ESPN has doubleheader NBA action tonight with the Denver Nuggets at the Cleveland Cavaliers followed by the Washington Wizards at the Phoenix Suns.
- ESPN2 has doubleheader women’s college basketball action.
- FOX has the AFC-NFC Pro Bowl.
- NBC has NHL action.
- Versus has Davis Cup: Austria vs. United States tennis coverage.
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (Spike TV): Repeat. See how it all began, as the “Pilot” episode replays.
- Mad Men (AMC): Repeat. Episode four, “New Amsterdam,” replays, where Don is feeling more isolated and Pete’s life continues to get tough.
Food Network has lots of shows featuring chocolate today.
Fuse has 24 episodes of Pants Off Dance Off.
History Channel has five episodes of Band of Brothers.
Military Channel has eight episodes of 20th Century Battlefields early.
Oxygen has eight episodes of The Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency early.
Spike TV has 10 hours of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
TLC has 10 hours of Jon & Kate Plus 8.
TruTV has five episodes of World’s Wildest Police Videos.
WE has five episodes of Rich Bride, Poor Bride.
What will you be watching tonight?