News & Notes
Tonight, CBS has the premiere of the Sunday night edition of Big Brother 9 and the network premiere of Dexter season one and NBC has the season finale of American Gladiators and the premiere of the Knight Rider TV movie.
It looks like the second season of Army Wives on Lifetime will begin sometime in June. Sounds good, cause the TVaholic wants to know what happened with the bomber at the bar. Don’t you?
The Simpsons (FOX): New. Homer and Marge visit the tunnel of love on this Valentine’s Day episode.
King of the Hill (FOX): New. Bill starts seeing a single mother. Dale doesn’t like it and gets another guy to try and break things up between them.
Cold Case (CBS): New. A teen’s abusive father looks like the best suspect until a new direction presents itself. It looks like five additional episodes will be shot and begin airing at the end of March.
Brothers & Sisters (ABC): New. Isaac turns out to be someone other than Nora thought he might be. Robert and Jason get into it. Sarah is looking for some closure. This is the last pre-strike episode. It looks like they will be back with four more episodes this season beginning in April or May.
Everybody Hates Chris (The CW): Repeat. Chris has to go to traffic court. Has twelve episodes remaining and they will start showing as of March 2nd.
Aliens in America (The CW): Repeat. Justin and Raja take on the school mascot duties. Has eight episodes remaining and they will begin showing as of March 2nd also.
Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (ABC): New. The second hour of a two-hour show has the team renovating a home for a family in Kentucky that has a blind disabled son.
Dexter (CBS): Repeat. The show originally aired on Showtime and is being reworked to air on CBS. This is one of the best shows on TV and hopefully any changes made to make it network suitable won’t change that. Dexter is a serial killer, but one with a code. He only kills those that have beaten the system. Check out a video clip below or find out more about the show with some additional videos. (RSS and eMail readers may need to click to the site to view the video clip)
Food Network Challenge (Food Network): Repeat. It is an “Extreme Cakes” contest. Plays again later.
The Wire (HBO): New. Templeton and the newspaper are back in the spotlight and McNulty is getting unwanted attention. Plays again later.
Breaking Bad (AMC): New. The DEA thinks there may be a new drug kingpin in the area. Skyler finds out what is wrong with Walter. Plays twice and again later. Check out a clip from tonight’s episode below. (RSS and eMail readers may need to click to the site to view the video clip)
- In Treatment (HBO): Repeats. All five of week three’s episodes replay tonight leading up to The Wire.
- Knight Rider (NBC): Premiere. NBC takes another bite at the remake apple. This time they add on to the story instead of re-imagining it. If the ratings do well, this could become a series. In the premiere, an Army Ranger, an FBI agent and a young woman are looking for a group of people that want to get their hands on KITT. Runs two hours. Scheduled to air again next Saturday night.
- Nip/Tuck (FX): Repeat. Last Tuesday’s episode, “August Walden,” replays. Runs 62 minutes.
- Trading Spaces (TLC): Repeats. The first three episodes with the return of Paige Davis replay. All three replay again later. Read a review of the third one to play tonight.
- Ultimate Recipe Showdown (Food Network): Series Premiere. Home cooks compete in front of an audience and then have their recipes judge by a panel of experts. Plays again later and then four more times throughout the week. Read our review for more info.
- CBS has college basketball with Ohio State at Michigan.
- FOX has the Sprint Cup: Daytona 500.
- NBC has NHL action.
- TNT has the 2008 NBA All-Star Game from New Orleans.
- Mad Men (AMC): Repeat. Episode five, “5G,” replays, where Don receives and award and gets an unexpected visitor.
Bravo has five episodes of Inside the Actors Studio early.
MTV has 12 episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
NFL Network has episodes of NFL Follies all day and night.
Sci Fi has five killer snake movies today.
Spike TV has six episodes of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
TruTV has five episodes of The Investigators.
TV One has 12 episodes of Eve.
What will you be watching tonight?