News & Notes
Over on cable, USA has the season finale of Monk.
In Friday Night Lights news, NBC is trying to find a partner network, like The CW, G4 or DirectTV to share in the development cost and possibly air on both, ala Law & Order: Criminal Intent right now on NBC and USA. The TVaholic could totally see Friday Night Lights on The CW. It seems like it would draw the right demographic. While the ratings are on the low side for NBC, it presently has more viewers than many shows on The CW. Also, The CW has two additional hours of programming to fill next season, with the departure of WWE Friday Night SmackDown! at the end of this season. And, most of all, it would go a long way in making up for them canceling other great shows, like Everwood and Veronica Mars. Well, at least a short way. How about you? Could you see Friday Night Lights joining The CW lineup? At any rate, I hope it will be around next season somewhere, as it is one of the best shows on TV right now.
Bones (FOX): Repeat. Bones and Booth investigate when a girl’s body is found locked in a refrigerator. Brennan goes up against her mentor during the case.
House (FOX): Repeat. Saving a young mother and her newborn son has the team scrambling to find answers in the episode “Forever.”
Numb3rs (CBS): Repeat. A woman Don knows in the Witness Protection Program is shot and killed and Don holds himself responsible. Will be back as of April 4th with the first of six new episodes.
Grey’s Anatomy (ABC): Repeat. George and Izzie are trying to figure out if they have any real chemistry. Derek wants more from Meredith. Callie’s chief resident job is in trouble.
Amne$ia (NBC): Series Premiere. Dennis Miller hosts this game show where contestants are asked questions about their own lives.
20/20: What Would You Do? (ABC): Repeat. I don’t know, but it is probably better than watching Dateline NBC.
Chuck (Sci Fi): Repeat. Episode four, “Chuck Versus the Wookie,” replays, where Chuck ends up helping to steal a diamond from a guy using it to fund terrorists.
Monk (USA): Season Finale. Last we saw Monk was falling into the water after being shot, but obviously not for real. How will they use his fake death to draw out the real bad guy? Plays again later. USA has picked the show up for a seventh season.
Stargate Atlantis (Sci Fi): New. Part one of a two-part episode where Teyla is searching for her people and a mysterious illness is sweeping through the galaxy. Plays again later. Last week’s episode “Midway” replays right before.
- ESPN has doubleheader NBA action with the Washington Wizards at the Cleveland Cavaliers followed by the Boston Celtics at the Phoenix Suns.
- ESPN2 has Friday Night Fights with a welterweight bout scheduled for 10 rounds.
- Golf Channel has Day 3 coverage of the WGC Accenture Match Play Championship.
- House (USA): Repeat. The last pre-strike episode, “Don’t Ever Change,” where House having learned who Wilson is seeing becomes preoccupied with the relationship and the team treats a woman that collapsed at her wedding. Great episode.
- Lipstick Jungle (Oxygen): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “Chapter Three: Pink Poison,” replays. Haven’t got a chance to see if the third episode was the charm or if it is still ultimately too depressing.
- Nip/Tuck (FX): Repeat. The season finale, “Candy Richards,” replays. Runs 63 minutes.
MTV has 10 episodes of True Life.
Sci Fi has the last two episodes of season one and the first six episodes of season two of Stargate Atlantis early.
What will you be watching tonight?