News & Notes
Tonight, NBC has the post strike return of Saturday Night Live.
Over on cable, AMC has the Film Independent’s Spirit Awards tonight, but earlier you can see them live and uncut on IFC and Oxygen is replaying the first three episodes of Lipstick Jungle this afternoon.
Shark (CBS): Repeat. “The Wrath of Khan” from season one replays, where Casey is taken hostage because of the case they are building on an arms dealer.
Knight Rider (NBC): Released 2008. If you missed it last Sunday, here is you second chance to see the new KITT car and the guy who built it, whose life and that of his daughter is in danger. This could become a series in the fall, but it needs some definite improvement if it does. This made the Bionic Woman reboot look positively brilliant. Runs two hours.
Forrest Gump (ABC): Released 1994. Toms Hanks plays the title character, a man with a low IQ, but who ends up a part of a lot of history. Runs three hours.
Torchwood (BBC America): Repeat. Last week’s episode, “Meat,” replays.
Torchwood (BBC America): New. An alien that can change memories infiltrates them.
Throwdown With Bobby Flay (Food Network): New. Bobby challenges Paula Deen to a chicken fried steak cook-off. Plays again later.
Throwdown With Bobby Flay (Food Network): New. A “Chicken and Waffles” battle is waged. Plays again later.
- History of the Joke (History Channel): Repeat. Lewis Black is in search of the perfect joke, so he interviews other comics, a professor and more. It is a whole lot of fun, so if you missed it earlier in the week, you should check it out tonight. Runs two hours and plays again later.
- MythBusters (Discovery Channel): Repeat. Last Wednesday’s episode, “MacGyver Myths,” replays, where the guys test out some of the things done on the TV show MacGyver. Plays again later.
- Paula’s Party (Food Network): New. Elmo from Sesame Street, Bobby Flay and more join Paula in the kitchen for a “Black and White Ball.” Plays again later.
- Trading Spaces (TLC): New. This week, “Feuding Neighbors” redecorate the others place. Plays again later.
- ABC has college basketball.
- CBS has a college basketball doubleheader with Arkansas at Kentucky followed by Kansas at Oklahoma State.
- ESPN has two college basketball games early and then tonight, Tennessee (2) at Memphis (1). That should be a great game and if Memphis can get past them, they have a real shot of making it to the tournament undefeated.
- ESPN2 has four college basketball games.
- NBA TV has the New Orleans Hornets at the San Antonio Spurs.
- NBC has the semifinals of the WGC Accenture Match Play Championship.
- Dirt (FX): Repeats. Episodes 10, 11, and 12 replay tonight, with episode 13 replaying next Saturday in late night and season two premiering the next night on Sunday, March 2nd.
- MADtv (FOX): Repeat. The “MAD TV’s Most Wanted” episode replays, where favorite sketches with you favorite characters are played.
- Saturday Night Live (NBC): New. Tina Fey hosts with musical guest Carrie Underwood.
- Talkshow With Spike Feresten (FOX): New. Actor David Koechner (The Office) joins Spike.
BET has 24 episodes of Girlfriends.
Bravo has seven episodes of Make Me a Supermodel.
Hallmark Channel has Love Comes Softly, Love’s Enduring Promise, Love’s Long Journey, Love’s Abiding Joy, Love’s Unending Legacy, and Love’s Unfolding Dream, which are all based on Janette Oke books.
MTV has Jackass: 24 Hour Takeover.
Spike TV has five episodes of Pros vs. Joes tonight.
TruTV has six episodes of Murder by the Book.
TV One has 18 episodes of Good Times.
What are you going to watch tonight?