News & Notes
Tonight, ABC has the series premieres of Oprah’s Big Give and Here Come the Newlyweds, The CW has Everybody Hates Chris, Aliens in America and The Game returning with new episodes, and FOX has the series premiere of Unhitched.
Over on cable, Discovery Channel has the series premiere of Human Body: Pushing the Limits, E! has the season finales of The Girls Next Door and Snoop Dogg’s Father Hood, FX has the second season premiere of Dirt, and MTV has the series premiere of That’s Amore.
The Simpsons (FOX): New. Bart’s pranks are backfiring, so he starts to think that one of his friends is ratting him out.
Aliens in America (The CW): New. Justin is getting picked on by bully at school and finds that he can play on the bully’s sympathies by telling him that his mother is in a coma.
Family Guy (FOX): New. Brian wins a writing award and then the family takes a vacation to Martha’s Vineyard.
Unhitched (FOX): Series Premiere. Four 30-something singles attempt to reenter the dating world after years of being part of a couple. Stars Rashida Jones (The Office) and is executive produced by the Farrelly Brothers, who have brought us movies like There’s Something About Mary, Shallow Hal and Fever Pitch.
Dexter (CBS): Repeat. In episode three, “The Popping Cherry,” Dexter is tracking a recently released murderer and dealing with a new dismembered body left at an ice rink.
Everybody Hates Chris (The CW): New. The family is taking a train to go to a funeral, but Chris and Julius get caught up in a gambling scam and lose all their money for the trip.
King of the Hill (FOX): New. Hank finds out that he has paid too much for every car he has ever purchased and plots his revenge.
Cold Case (CBS): Repeat. The case of an Amish teenager who was murdered soon after leaving home for Philadelphia is reopened, in the episode “Running Around.”
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (NBC): Repeat. This season’s premiere episode, “Alternate,” with guest star Cynthia Nixon (Sex and the City) replays.
In Treatment (HBO): Repeats. See last week’s five episodes replay leading up to The Wire tonight.
The Wire (HBO): New. Freamon has come a across a promising lead. McNulty is not up for any celebrating. Michael is not too sure about his latest assignment. Plays again later.
Breaking Bad (AMC): New. Walter has reluctantly started chemo treatments, but is working on a new batch of meth anyway with Jesse. The DEA is getting closer. Plays twice and again later. Check out a clip from tonight’s episodes below. (RSS and eMail may need to click to the site to view the video)
- Dirt (FX): Season Premiere. Lucy is intent are regaining her rightful place as she returns to the magazine. Don is finding out what life is like while medicated. Runs 62 minutes and plays twice and again later.
- Food Network Challenge (Food Network): New. Four contestants compete for $10,000 to build a cake for a client they meet right before the competition begins. Plays again later.
- Iron Chef America (Food Network): New. Chef Hillson does battle with Iron Chef Cat Cora. Plays again later.
- Ultimate Recipe Showdown (Food Network): New. This week it is “Comfort Foods.” The three categories are Chile, Mac and Cheese and Sandwiches. The winner goes home with $25,000. Plays again later. Last week’s episode, “Burgers,” replays earlier in the day.
- ABC has doubleheader NBA action with the Chicago Bulls at the Cleveland Cavaliers followed by the Dallas Mavericks at the Los Angeles Lakers.
- CBS has tripleheader college basketball action with Kentucky at Tennessee followed by Indiana at Michigan State and then UCLA at Arizona.
- ESPN has NBA action with the Denver Nuggets at the Houston Rockets.
- ESPN2 has women’s college basketball with Tennessee at Georgia.
- FOX has NASCAR racing with the Sprint Cup: UAW-Dodge 400.
- NBC has the final round of the Honda Classic golf tournament.
- Mad Men (AMC): Repeat. Episode seven, “Red in the Face,” replays, where a rift has developed between Don and Roger.
ABC Family has Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets followed by Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban twice.
Bravo has 10 episodes of Project Runway.
MTV has 12 episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
Nickelodeon has 16 episodes of Home Improvement late.
Sci Fi has six episodes of Destination Truth.
Spike TV has Kill Bill Vol. 1 & 2 today and then six episodes of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation tonight.
TLC has 10 episodes of Little People, Big World.
What will you be watching tonight on the tube?