News & Notes
On cable tonight, AMC has the first season finale of Breaking Bad, Bravo has all six episodes of the quickly cancelled Internet to NBC series quarterlife this morning, E! has the second season premiere of Keeping Up With the Kardashians, HBO has the eleventh season finale of Russell Simmons’ Def Comedy Jam and the series finale of The Wire, and VH1 has the third season finale of My Fair Brady … Maybe Baby?
The Simpsons (FOX): New. Marge puts Homer on a special diet, but he tries to sneak some food. Bart and Lisa play a prank, but things don’t go well.
Aliens in America (The CW): New. A test says that Raja should look at becoming a doctor. Yet, it doesn’t provide any info for Justin.
Cold Case (CBS): Repeat. The team reopens a 1953 case when new info comes to light that a 19-year-old rocker may have been murdered.
Dexter (CBS): Repeat. In episode four, “Let’s Give the Boy a Hand,” body parts are being left around the city and Dexter realizes that they are significant only to him.
Everybody Hates Chris (The CW): New. Chris decides to become a bad boy when he hears that the girl he has a crush on likes them. Julius gets a free meal at a fancy restaurant when he is named employee of the month.
King of the Hill (FOX): New. Hank has a reluctant speaking engagement and Peggy is being blamed for something by a neighbor.
Law & Order (NBC): Repeat. This season’s premiere episode, “Called Home,” replays, where new detective Cyrus Lupo, played by Jeremy Sisto (Kidnapped, Six Feet Under) is introduced.
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (NBC): Repeat. An online gamer goes missing and they use her online persona to track down the person responsible.
In Treatment (HBO): Repeats. See last week’s five episodes replay leading up to The Wire tonight. The first 15 episodes of the series are available free at Amazon.
The Wire (HBO): Series Finale. Carcetti is mapping out damage-control scenarios. McNulty wants Landsman to put an end to the homeless case by the police. Dukie is looking for a loan from an old mentor. Runs 95 minutes and Plays again later.
Breaking Bad (AMC): New. Walter decides to fully embrace his new life after a PTA meeting. A baby shower is thrown for Skylar. Jessie is thinking about selling his aunt’s house. Plays twice and again later. Check out a clip from tonight’s episode below. (RSS and eMail may need to click to the site to view the video)
- Army Wives (Lifetime): Repeat. Season one begins replaying with the series premiere episode, “A Tribe Is Born.” Plays again later. The show returns for a second season this summer.
- Dirt (FX): New. A celebutant gets released from jail early and Lucy wants to know why. Runs 62 minutes and plays twice and again later.
- Food Network Challenge (Food Network): New. Cakes inspired by Dr. Seuss characters are made. Plays again later.
- Ultimate Recipe Showdown (Food Network): New. This week it is “Cakes.” The three categories are Chocolate Cake, Cupcakes and Birthday Cakes. The winner goes home with $25,000. Plays again later. Last week’s episode, “Comfort Foods,” replays earlier in the day.
- Unhitched (FOX): New. Gator’s new girlfriend has small flaw that he seems to be obsessed with. Kate is dating a musician that has some talents that you wouldn’t expect. Last week’s season premiere episode is available for free at iTunes and Amazon Unbox.
- ABC has the San Antonio Spurs at the Phoenix Suns in NBA action.
- CBS has a college basketball tripleheader with Florida at Kentucky followed by the MVC Tournament Final and then, Purdue at Michigan.
- ESPN has a college basketball doubleheader with Indiana at Penn State followed by Oklahoma State and later NBA action with the Chicago Bulls at the Detroit Pistons.
- ESPN2 has Arena Football followed by a women’s college basketball tripleheader followed by two men’s college basketball games.
- FOX has NASCAR racing with the Sprint Cup: Kobalt Tools 500.
- Mad Men (AMC): Repeat. Episode eight, “The Hobo Code,” replays, where Don is being tormented by his past.
Bravo has all six episodes of quarterlife early.
MTV has 12 episodes of Beauty and the Geek.
Oxygen has six episodes of Make Me a Supermodel early.
Sci Fi has the three-part six-hour Tin Man miniseries.
Spike TV has five episodes of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation tonight.
TLC has six episodes of Say Yes to the Dress.
TV Land has 14 episodes of The Beverly Hillbillies.
Lots of good stuff to choose from tonight, what will you be watching?