First, I want to acknowledge the comic element of using the system that isn’t working correctly to notify email subscribers of recent delivery issues. But, since the problems aren’t happening to everyone on the list everyday, it is the quickest way to get the info out there about what you may have, or have not, noticed happening with your TVaholic email subscription recently.
So, What’s the Problem?
Basically, FeedBurner is having email server issues, which is causing some email subscribers to not receive the daily emails on time or at all on some days. FeedBurner allows you to do lots of cool things, like track the number of RSS feed subscribers and send all posts for the last 24 hours out via email once a day to those subscribed via email. The service has been almost 100% problem-free since TVaholic began using it February 2007 until the beginning of this month.
For example: I didn’t receive an email on March 1st, but did on the 2nd, but not on the 3rd. Then everything seemed to be working fine until I received the March 1st email on the 12th, along with that days email, and yesterday I got the March 5th email, but not the one for yesterday. I had signed up a second email address to see if it was just a problem with my email address and everything there was fine until two days ago, when no message was received at that email address, but it arrived just fine at the original email address.
According to the FeedBurner forums, they know about the issue and are working to resolve it as soon as possible. Hopefully, that will be really soon. I am looking into alternatives in case this turns into a prolonged problem.
If you have noticed this, as it isn’t necessarily happening to everyone, sorry for any inconvenience or confusion this may have created.