News & Notes
On cable tonight, Comedy Central has the two-hour Futurama: Bender’s Big Score, MTV has the two-hour season finale of Making the Band 4, and Showtime has the fifth season finale of The L Word. Showtime recently announced that the sixth season would be its last.
Today is the last day to enter to win some free Pepsi Stuff Points.
Everybody Hates Chris (The CW): New. For some reason, “Everybody Hates Easter.”
Aliens in America (The CW): New. Raja begins praying at the airport and causes a stir and the Tolchuks decide to postpone their trip. Raja thinks they are mad at him so he wants to be placed with a new family.
Cold Case (CBS): Repeat. An inner-city math genius was killed in 1992 and the team reopens the case when new direction is found.
Dexter (CBS): Repeat. In episode six, “Return to Sender,” the Ice Truck Killer leaves something for Dexter at one of his kill sites.
The Simpsons (FOX): Repeat. Homer has destroyed the fast-food industry and the mayor is wants to have an early election.
Unhitched (FOX): New. A woman challenges Gator when he joins Kate’s gym. Another new episode plays later after a repeat Family Guy. In that one, Kate starts seeing Gator’s new assistant.
Law & Order (NBC): Repeat. In “Misbegotten” from earlier this season, controversial research is exposed when a security guard is injured in a bombing at a research facility.
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (NBC): Repeat. A volunteer at a rehabilitation clinic is found dead and something there may be the link to find the perpetrator.
In Treatment (HBO): Repeats. The last week’s five episodes replay tonight leading up to the next segment of the John Adams miniseries. The first 15 episodes of the series are available free at Amazon Unbox.
John Adams (HBO): New. In Part three of seven, “Don’t Tread on Me,” has Adams and Jefferson going to France and trying to get some financial and military support for America’s Revolutionary War effort. Runs 75 minutes and plays multiple times throughout the week.
- Army Wives (Lifetime): Repeat. Episode three, “The Art of Separation,” replays, where Joan gets called back to duty and Pamela and her husband rekindle their relationship. Plays again later.
- Breaking Bad (AMC): Repeat. Episode two “Cat’s in the Bag…,” has Walter and Jessie trying to clean up the mess in the RV. Plays twice and again later.
- Dirt (FX): New. Lucy is starting up again with and old flame and the scandal on the set of a hit TV series is exposed. Plays twice and again later.
- Iron Chef America (Food Network): New. Chef Tyson Cole challenges Iron Chef Morimoto. Plays again later.
- Ultimate Recipe Showdown (Food Network): New. This week it is “Cookies.” The three categories are Chocolate Cookie, Spice Cookie and Desert Cookie Bar. The winner goes home with $25,000. Plays again later. Last week’s episode, “Pasta,” replays right before, as do the previous four before that.
- ABC has NBA action with the San Antonio Spurs at the Dallas Mavericks.
- CBS has NCAA Championship Tournament action.
- ESPN has Women’s NCAA Championship action followed by ISU World Championship figure skating and later NBA action with the Detroit Pistons at the Washington Wizards.
- ESPN2 has Women’s NCAA Championship Tournament action early and tonight.
- NBC has the final round of the WGC CA Championship golf tournament.
- Mad Men (AMC): Repeat. Episode ten, “Long Weekend,” replays, where Don loses an account and Roger tries to cheer him up.
- The Riches (FX): Repeat. Last Tuesday’s season two premiere episode, “The Last Temptation of Wayne,” replays, where Dahlia and the kids head out on the road and Wayne stays behind to clean things up.
Food Network has all six episodes of Ultimate Recipe Showdown, including tonight’s new “Cookies” episode.
MTV has 11 episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
The N has 19 episodes of Degrassi: The Next Generation.
Nickelodeon has 18 episodes of George Lopez late.
Sci Fi has the three-part six-hour Stephen King’s Storm of the Century miniseries early followed by disaster TV movies the rest of the day.
Spike TV has five episodes of Pros vs. Joes followed by six episodes of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.
TLC has seven episodes of 10 Years Younger.
Travel Channel has Pizza Paradise, Deep Fried Paradise, Steak Paradise, Hamburger Paradise and Hot Dog Paradise.