News & Notes
Over on cable, Lifetime Movie Network has part two of The Capture of the Green River Killer miniseries.
In returning show news, ABC has new episodes of Samantha Who?, beginning next Monday, April 7th.
In no one on TV ever really dies news, Sarah Wayne Callies will be back as Dr. Sara Tancredi when Prison Break returns for its fourth season next fall.
The Big Bang Theory (CBS): New. Sheldon gets sick and the rest of the guys try to avoid him, so that leaves Penny to help him while he is sick.
How I Met You Mother (CBS): New. An unidentified woman is messing with Barney’s love life and he can’t figure out who it is. So, he sets up his own tournament bracket of 64 possible suspects to try and figure it out.
New Amsterdam (FOX): New. A murder victim looks like John’s lost son from back in the early 1900s, which causes John to question is past action and how he affects those around him.
CSI: Miami (CBS): New. Part one of two plays tonight and part two plays tomorrow night. Tonight, Horatio gets arrested for murder.
House (FOX): Repeat. A young married couple seems to have the same symptoms and House and his team are trying to figure out what is wrong with them, but the reason turns out to be quite shocking, in “Fools for Love” from season three.
Two and a Half Men (CBS): New. Alan dates a woman that turns out to be friends with his first ex-wife and she lets slip some info about her that he would rather not have known.
The New Adventures of Old Christine (CBS): Season Finale. Jason Alexander (Seinfeld) guest stars as Christine’s gynecologist and tells her she might be experiencing the symptoms of perimenopause.
Medium (NBC): New. The kidnapping of Cynthia’s daughter storyline comes to a shocking conclusion.
Greek (ABC Family): New. Zeta Beta Zeta and Kappa Tau decide that it is time for some underground fun, as they get together to throw a secret Prohibition party. Plays again late night tomorrow.
Unwrapped (Food Network): Repeats. First up find out what is “In the Bun” and then find out about the “Top Dog.” Both replay again later.
Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives (Food Network): New. Guy heads out on the road in search of “Neighborhood Joints.” A repeat episode about “Seaside Eats” follows. Both play again later.
- The Capture of the Green River Killer (Lifetime Movie Network): Part Two. This two part, four-hour miniseries stars Tom Cavanagh (Eli Stone, Ed) as Dave Reichert, who was the detective heading up of the investigation. It is based on his book Chasing the Devil: My Twenty-Year Quest to Capture the Green River Killer. The second part picks up a bit, but where the producers took liberties really start to show, as this article from the Seattle P-I points out. Cavanagh continues to give a good performance that shows the toll something like this can take on a person. Others notables appearing in the miniseries are Amy Davidson (8 Simple Rules), Currie Graham (Men in Trees, NYPD Blue) and Sharon Lawrence (NYPD Blue).
- Gossip Girl (The CW): Repeat. Blair’s father comes back for Christmas with an unexpected guest and Jenny and Vanessa try to help Serena with a gift for Dan, in the episode “Roman Holiday.”
- ESPN has two MLB games early and two NCAA Women’s Championship Tournament games later.
- ESPN2 has three MLB games.
- NBA TV has the Denver Nuggets at the Phoenix Suns.
- Versus has NHL action.
- The Closer (TNT): Repeat. The season one replay continues with episode eight “Batter Up,” where the team is investigating a hate crime.
- The Riches (FX): Repeat. Last Tuesday’s episode, “Friday Night Lights,” replays, where the family has to make a decision about there future.
MTV has 12 episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
Oxygen has 10 episodes of Tori & Dean: Inn Love.
Sci Fi has episodes #7-16 of Battlestar Galactica season one. Ten episodes play each morning this week, giving you a chance to catch up on practically the whole series before Friday night’s season four premiere.
Spike TV has Kill Bill: Vol. 1 & 2 tonight.
TNT has five episodes of Law & Order tonight.