News & Notes
Law & Order: Criminal Intent (NBC): Repeat. A divers body washes up on shore and Goren and Eames end up fighting the FBI for jurisdiction, in “Depths” from earlier this season.
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (NBC): Repeat. The wife of a polygamist is murdered and he thinks it may have something to do with his being about to testify in another case, in “Snitch” from earlier this season.
Law & Order (NBC): Repeat. A dog-fighting ring is broken and the detectives use a reporter looking to move up, to help in the case, in “Submission” from earlier this season.
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (ABC): Released 200?. Three commercially interrupted hours of wild wizardry as Harry and his pals try and figure out what weird stuff is going down at Hogwarts.
Chefography (Food Network): Repeat. The “Wolfgang Puck” episode replays and is the second of five episodes that plays tonight. Plays again later.
The Memory Keeper’s Daughter (Lifetime): Premiere. Based on the by Kim Edwards. It stars Dermot Mulroney (My Best Friends Wedding), Emily Watson (Breaking the Waves) and Gretchen Mol (The Notorious Life of Betty Paige). It is the story of Dr. David Henry, played by Mulroney, who has to deliver his own baby and it turns out they have twins. It is 1964 and when a second baby is born, he notices that it is different and has what we become known as Down syndrome. He decides right there to have the nurse, played by Watson, take the baby to an institution and tells his wife, played by Mol, that the baby died at birth. Over time, this secret tears his family apart, but off in another town, the nurse decided to take the daughter and raise her as her own and finds much love and joy in doing so. I just finished watching the screener and this is a great movie. The acting and the flow of the story are outstanding and a cut above your standard made-for-TV movie. This is well worth watching and is by far the best bet of the night. I was very pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed this touching story. It plays again later, two more times tomorrow and again Monday night.
- CSI: NY (CBS): Repeat. The team has to wade through a long list of suspects, when a transgender showgirl is found dead at a hotel where a couple of big events are taking place, in “The Lying Game” from season three.
- Torchwood (BBC America): New. Next week is the season finale.
- Trading Spaces (TLC): New. A Navy and an Air Force couple switch places. Plays again later.
- CBS has third round coverage of the Masters golf tournament.
- ESPN has the final of the Frozen Four, NCAA Hockey Tournament.
- FOX has MLB action this afternoon and later NASCAR racing with the Sprint Cup: Subway Fresh Fit 500.
- NBA TV has a doubleheader with the Philadelphia 76ers at the Washington Wizards followed by the Dallas Mavericks at the Portland Trail Blazers.
- NBC has NHL playoff action.
- Versus has doubleheader NHL playoff action.
- MADtv (FOX): Repeat. Joey Fatone is the guest.
- Saturday Night Live (NBC): New. Ashton Kutcher hosts with musical guest Gnarls Barkley.
Discovery Channel has 18 hours of Deadliest Catch episodes.
Food Network has five episodes of Chefography, four of which were new this week. Four of them replay again later.
Hallmark Channel has six two-hour McBride TV movies starring John Larroquette (Night Court).
Lifetime has five two-hour TV movies based on Nora Roberts’ novels.
MTV has 12 episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
Sci Fi has eight two-hour TV creature features.
TNT has a Peter Jackson foursome with The Lord of the Rings Trilogy followed by King Kong.
TruTV has five episodes of The Investigators.
USA has 11 episodes of NCIS.