News & Notes
Over on cable, Discovery Channel has the series premiere of The Alaska Experiment and MTV has the season premiere of A Shot of Love with Tila Tequila.
In returning show news, ABC has the Women’s Murder Club getting back together and CBS has Shark again navigating the legal waters beginning next week.
NCIS (CBS): New. The FBI investigates the team and Director Shepard becomes their prime suspect after arms dealer La Grenouille is found dead.
Reaper (The CW): New. Steve and Tony want to try and trap the devil, while Ted gets the okay from Sock to ask out Josie, because he thinks she would never say yes to him. Watch a couple of clips from tonight’s episode.
Boston Legal (ABC): New. Alan is going before the Supreme Court on behalf of a mentally impaired man on death row.
American Idol (FOX): New. Andrew Lloyd Weber helps the remaining six contestants.
Saturday Night Live (NBC): Repeat. The “Best of Chris Farley” compilation episode replays. Runs 90-minutes. Well, you could watch the last two-thirds of it in this hour of primetime.
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (NBC): New. A hidden video camera proves helpful in figuring out who killed a money manager. Diane Neal, who plays ADA Novak, will be leaving the show at the end of this season.
Good Eats (Food Network): Repeats. First up, Alton helps you through the “Daily Grind” with tips on using ground beef. Then, he talks about he proper use of cutlery. Both episodes play again later.
Big Break: Ka’anapali (Golf Channel): New. Competitors are starting to form alliances and big dispute erupts between them. It replays multiple times throughout the week.
The Riches (FX): New. Dahlia is starting to learn about how much Wayne has been lying to her Meanwhile, Wayne is trying to keep the rest of the Travellers out of his plan, including Dale. Plays twice and again later. Next week is the season finale.
- The Office (TBS): Repeats. First, “The Fight” episode replays, where Jim gets Dwight and Michael to agree to a rematch during lunch at Dwight’s dojo. Then, Tim Meadows (Saturday Night Live) guest stars in “The Client.”
- Shark (CBS): Repeat. The last pre-strike episode, “Partners in Crime,” replays. The first of three new episodes begins playing next week in the third hour of primetime, otherwise known as the “Tuesday night death slot.” Do you think this will do better, the same, or worse than Jericho did in this timeslot?
- Queen Sized (Lifetime): Released 2008. Nikki Blonsky (Hairspray) stars as an overweight teenager who sticks up to the bullies at her school and becomes a local celebrity. Runs two hours. Read review.
- NBA TV has NBA playoff action with the Toronto Raptors at the Orlando Magic.
- TNT has a NBA playoff doubleheader with the Dallas Mavericks at the New Orleans Hornets followed by the Phoenix Suns at the San Antonio Spurs.
- Versus has NHL playoff action.
- Greek (ABC Family): Repeat. Last night’s episode, “Freshman Daze,” replays, where Cappie and Casey are remembering the good old days. Plays again right before next Monday’s new episode.
Bravo has nine episodes of Work Out.
MTV has 12 episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
Oxygen has 12½ hours of The Bad Girls Club episodes.
Sci Fi has the two-hour TV movies Avalanche: Nature Unleashed, Tornado: Nature Unleashed, Earthquake: Nature Unleashed, and Volcano: Nature Unleashed beginning early.
VH1 has five episodes of Rock of Love With Bret Michaels tonight.