News & Notes
Tonight, ABC has the post-strike return of Women’s Murder Club and CBS has the post-strike return of Shark. Both of these shows sit squarely on the bubble and need some decent numbers to be brought back for another season.
Over on cable, FX has the second season finale of The Riches and History Channel has the second season finale of The Universe.
In where did Boston Legal go news, ABC has moved it to Wednesday nights, starting tomorrow. They are trying to give Women’s Murder Club a shot in the post Dancing With the Stars: Results Show slot, hoping it can hang on to a decent amount of Dancings viewers.
Bold Italic Items signify what shows the TVaholic is watching, or recording, or watching on demand, etc., tonight. Let me know what you will be watching tonight in the comments. Let’s find out if you watch more or less than the TVaholic? Since this is the first week in a while that everything is new, I thought it would be fun to add this to this week’s posts.
NCIS (CBS): New. Two members of the team go to Iraq to investigate a murder.
Shark (CBS): New. Stark is helping to put together a covert case against a big underworld kingpin and it could lead to his not being disbarred. Paula Marshall (Nip/Tuck, Out of Practice) joins the cast as a temporary replacement for Jeri Ryan, who is on maternity leave.
Women’s Murder Club (ABC): New. Lindsay’s estranged father, played by Gerald McRaney (Jericho) comes for a visit, while she is in the middle of investigating who killed a cop.
American Idol (FOX): New. Neil Diamond is the mentor this week, as the final five sing one of his songs.
Reaper (The CW): New. Sam is freaking out after Andi sees him kill a demon. She is threatening to go to the cops.
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (NBC): New. Robin Williams (Mork & Mindy) guest stars as an engineer whose life goes out of control.
Food Network Challenge (Food Network): Repeat. Some “Ultimate Wedding Cakes” are decorated in an attempt to win $10,000. Plays again later.
Big Break: Ka’anapali (Golf Channel): New. Eliminations occur after some unexpected match-ups.
The Riches (FX): Season Finale. Dahlia and Wayne try to deal with the ever-widening gap between them. The Bayou Hills deal could go down after foul play at the construction site. Runs 62 minutes and plays twice and again later.
- The Office (TBS): Repeats. Everyone is up for a “Performance Review” and then they find out that they are under “E-Mail Surveillance.”
- Saturday Night Live (NBC): Repeat. The “Best of Alec Baldwin” episode replays, which includes many classic sketches. Runs 90 minutes.
- NBA TV has doubleheader playoff action with the Philadelphia 76ers at the Detroit Pistons followed by the Utah Jazz at the Houston Rockets.
- TNT has doubleheader NBA playoff action with the Dallas Mavericks at the New Orleans Hornets followed by the Phoenix Suns at the San Antonio Spurs.
- Versus has doubleheader NHL playoff action with the Pittsburgh Penguins at the New York Ranges followed by the Detroit Red Wings at the Colorado Avalanche.
- Greek (ABC Family): Repeat. Monday night’s episode, “Move On.Cartwrights,” replays. Plays again next Monday before a new episode.
Bravo has eight episodes of Work Out.
MTV has five episodes of Sweet 16 Blingest Bash Countdown.
Oxygen has 21 episodes of The Bad Girls Club.
Sci Fi has 16 episodes of Tales From the Darkside early.