News & Notes
Tonight, ABC has the season finale of Brothers & Sisters, CBS has the two-hour season finale of Survivor followed by the Reunion special, and NBC has an America’s Favorite Mom special in the Dateline NBC timeslot and repeats of The Office will be replacing Monk and Psych.
Over on cable, G4 has the second season finale of The Block.
In show renewal news, AMC has renewed Breaking Bad for a second season.
The Simpsons (FOX): New. Homer’s mother dies and he tries to fulfill her final wishes. Sounds like a great episode to air on Mother’s Day, doesn’t it? Next week is the season finale.
Aliens in America (The CW): New. Raja gets involved in a students against drunk driving group and then has to put together a fake funeral for a student that died in drunk driving accident. Next week is the season finale, but also looks to be the series finale, which is unfortunate.
Desperate Housewives (ABC): New. Mike’s mom comes for a visit. Gaby finds out what their new tenant is really doing out of her room. Bree and Edie are getting into. Runs 62 minutes. Next week is the two-hour season finale.
Brothers & Sisters (ABC): Season Finale. It turns out that William may have been keeping another secret from the family. Can’t wait for tonight’s episode, too bad we will then have to wait until fall for more Walker family fun.
The Office (NBC): Repeat. The “Fun Run, Part 1 & 2″ episodes from earlier this season replays. Many people didn’t seem to like the hour episodes at the beginning of this season, but I really liked this one.
The Office (NBC): Repeat. The “Dunder-Mifflin Infinity, Part 1 & 2″ episodes replay. Dwight trying to out sell the website is very funny.
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (NBC): Repeat. The detectives investigate when a young Jewish boy is attacked, in “Unorthodox” from earlier this season.
Food Network Challenge (Food Network): Repeat. Competitors build “Super Heroes” as it is a battle to make the best sandwich. Plays again later.
The Tudors (Showtime): New. Cromwell is reporting what he has found regarding the Roman Catholic Church and takes from it for the crown. Anne has firmed up her power. A new lady-in-waiting has captured Henry’s eye. Plays again later.
This American Life (Showtime): New. This week’s topic is “Two Wars.” First up an Iraqi that came to America after the U.S. invasion of Iraq, sets up a booth to answer questions and talk to Americans about his home country. Some very interesting conversations take place. Second up is a husband and wife that fight over yard work. This too has an interesting look at how and where we grew up factors into the things we do today. I got a chance to watch this episode and it is well worth checking out.
- Army Wives (Lifetime): Repeat. Episode ten, “Dirty Laundry,” replays, where Cluadia Joy finds out that an old friend is coming back to the post. Plays again later. Season two premieres June 8th.
- Throwdown with Bobby Flay (Food Network): New. Bobby competes in a “Pulled Pork” competition. A repeat episode follows. Both episodes play again later.
- ABC has NBA playoff action this afternoon with the Los Angeles Lakers at the Utah Jazz in Game 4.
- ESPN has Sunday Night Baseball with the Boston Red Sox at the Minnesota Twins.
- NBC has the final round of The Players Championship golf tournament.
- TNT has NBA playoff action tonight with the New Orleans Hornets at the San Antonio Spurs in Game 4.
- Versus has NHL playoff action with the Philadelphia Flyers at the Pittsburgh Penguins in Game 2.
- Battlestar Galactica (Sci Fi): Repeat. Last Friday’s episode, “Faith,” replays.
Animal Planet has 14 episodes of Meerkat Manor.
CMT has eight episodes of Trading Spouses: Meet Your New Mommy.
Discovery Channel has 11 episodes of Deadliest Catch.
MTV has 12 episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
Sci Fi has 10 episodes of Eureka.
TLC has 12 episodes of Jon & Kate Plus 8.
USA has a reverse Indiana Jones marathon that starts with the Last Crusade followed by Temple of Doom and then Raiders of the Lost Ark beginning early.