News & Notes
Over on cable, Food Network has the fourth season premiere of The Next Food Network Star, G4 has the second season premiere of Code Monkeys, History Channel has the second season premiere of Ice Road Truckers, MTV has the 2008 MTV Movie Awards, Showtime has the second season finale of The Tudors, USA has the series premiere of In Plain Sight, and WE has fifth season premiere of Bridezillas and the third season premiere of Platinum Weddings.
For more on what’s coming this summer, check out the Ultimate Guide to the Summer TV Schedule – 2008.
Million Dollar Password (CBS): Series Premiere. Regis Philbin hosts this new version of the classic game show. In this first episode, Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother) and Rachael Ray (30-Minutes Meals) try to help contestants win money. See some earlier versions of the show on GSN, see TV Marathons below for more info.
Desperate Housewives (ABC): Repeat. Episode two, “Smiles of a Summer Night,” from this past season replays. Runs 62 minutes.
Brothers & Sisters (ABC): Repeat. Sarah is battling Joe for custody, in “Domestic Issues” from this past season.
The Simpsons (FOX): Repeat. When one of Bart’s pranks doesn’t work, he begins to think he has a rat in his group of friends, in “The Debarted” from this past season.
Aliens in America (The CW): Repeat. The kids take career aptitude test and it shows Raja should be a doctor, but doesn’t give any advice for Justin, in “Hunting” from this past season.
Cold Case (CBS): Repeat. The case of a girl who dressed and acted like a boy back in 1963 is reopened, in “Boy Crazy” from this past season.
The Unit (CBS): Repeat. Children of government officials are taken hostage, but there are no demands being made, in “In Loco Parentis” from season two.
Food Network Challenge (Food Network): New. Four top-notch cake designers battle it out for $10,000 in the “Disney Pixar Cakes” challenge. Plays again later.
The Tudors (Showtime): Season Finale. Anne is awaiting her fate, as Henry proposes to Jane. Then he dines on roasted swan, while Anne loses her head. Plays again later.
In Plain Sight (USA): Series Premiere. Mary McCormack (The West Wing) stars as a witness protection agent. I have read mixed reviews on this one, but many seem to think it has potential if it can get away from the cop clichés. Run 76 minutes. Plays again later and then multiple times over the next week. Check out some interviews with the cast.
- Army Wives (Lifetime): Repeat. The season one finale episode, “Goodbye Stranger,” replays, where soldiers are being deployed, munitions are missing from the base and a suicidal husband walks into the Hump Bar with a bomb strapped to him. Plays again later. Season two premieres next Sunday, June 8th. You can check out some photos from the second season premiere and look for a review later today.
- Iron Chef America (Food Network): New. Chef Paul Bartolotta challenges Iron Chef Mario Batali. Plays again later.
- The Next Food Network Star (Food Network): Season Premiere. The 10 finalists are introduced and immediately thrown into their first task. Plays again later. Check out bios and photos of the people competing for their own show. Also, check out a review of tonight’s premiere.
- This American Life (Showtime): New. This week’s topic is “Scenes From a Marriage.” Cartoonist Chris Ware tries to show that marriage is like a courtroom. But, most of the episode focuses on one couples marriage as it disintegrates. Plays again later.
- CBS has golf coverage with the final round of the Memorial Tournament.
- ESPN has Sunday Night Baseball with the Los Angeles Dodgers at the New York Mets.
- NBC has coverage of the French Open tennis tournament.
- TBS has MLB action with the Florida Marlins at the Philadelphia Phillies.
- Battlestar Galactica (Sci Fi): Repeat. Last Friday’s episode, “Sine Qua Non,” replays.
E! has 10 episodes of Keeping Up With the Kardashians.
FOX Reality has nine episodes from a previous season of The Mole early.
GSN has 16 episodes of Super Password/Password Plus early.
Discovery Channel has six episodes of The Alaska Experiment followed by five episodes of Deadliest Catch that play tonight.
History Channel has nine episodes of Band of Brothers.
MTV has 12 episodes of America’s Next Top Model.
VH1 has five episodes of The Bachelor early and six more tonight.
WE has eight episodes of Bridezillas.