News & Notes
Over on cable, MTV has the series premiere of Legally Blonde The Musical: The Search for Elle Woods and TLC has two more so called lost episodes of Little People, Big World.
In printable schedule news, there is now a Printable Summer Cable TV Schedule. It includes some of the major offerings popping up over the summer. TVaholic subscribers will find the link at the bottom of the posts along with the network version. If you would like to become a subscriber, you can do so via email or via RSS feed.
The Big Bang Theory (CBS): Repeat. Wolowitz seduces Penny’s easy friend and the two take over Penny’s apartment, forcing her to sleep on Leonard and Sheldon’s couch, in “The Dumpling Paradox.”
How I Met Your Mother (CBS): Repeat. Jane Seymour (Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman) guest stars as Marshall’s cougar of a law professor who Barney tries to hit on, in “Aldrin Justice” from season two.
House (FOX): Repeat. House is trying to diagnose a young woman without a team, in this past season’s premiere episode, “Alone.”
CSI: Miami (CBS): Repeat. Horatio and the team to track down a load of weapons that were stolen on their way to be disposed of, in “No Man’s Land” from season five.
Bones (FOX): Repeat. Brennan and Booth investigate when a skull comes crashing into a car full of teenagers, in this past season’s premiere episode, “The Widow’s Son in the Windshield.
Two and a Half Men (CBS): Repeat. Charlie thinks he’s losing in when he starts seeing Rose’s face everywhere, in “City of Great Racks” from this past season.
Rules of Engagement (CBS): Repeat. Russell tries to right a previous wrong, in “Kids” from season one.
The Mole (ABC): Season Premiere. Well, at least it’s new. The 12 players meet and then head out for their first challenge.
Greek (ABC Family): New. Cappie’s pledges are giving their fake IDs a tryout. Casey is preparing for a test, while questioning her plans for the future. Plays again late night tomorrow and again before next week’s season finale, which is part of a 10-episode marathon.
Dirty Jobs (Discovery Channel): New. Mike works on a wind farm in Oklahoma. Plays again later.
Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives (Food Network): Repeats. Guy checks out some “Family Owned” spots and then takes in some “Regional Favorites.” Both episodes play again later.
- Gossip Girl (The CW): Repeat. Serena takes Dan to Chuck’s party and Jenny seeks advice from Blair, in “The Wild Bunch.”
- Heavyweights (Food Network): New. Swanson’s and Stouffer’s are profiled. Plays again later.
- One Tree Hill (The CW): Repeat. Haley’s first day as a teacher isn’t great, Lucas finds being the coach is tough and the whole gang tries to support Jaime in his race, in “Racing Like a Pro” from this past season.
- Unwrapped (Food Network): New. Some classic canned food favorites are profiled. Plays again later.
- ESPN has Monday Night Baseball with the New York Yankees at the Minnesota Twins.
- ESPN2 has Arena Football action.
- Burn Notice (USA): Repeat. Episode seven, “Broken Rules,” replays. Episode eight plays late night Thursday.
- In Plain Sight (USA): Repeat. Last night’s series premiere episode replays. Have to say, it was a bit disappointing. It has potential, but will have to watch a couple more episodes to see if things smooth out any. The first episode doesn’t flow very well. It is very similar to Burn Notice in tone, but not nearly as good. Although, there were a few scenes and lines that made me laugh out loud. So, here’s hoping it comes together in future episodes.
Sci Fi has eight episodes of Stargate SG-1 early.
TNT has five episodes of Law & Order tonight.
VH1 has eight hours of The Bachelor season two episodes.