News & Notes
On cable tonight, HBO has the premiere of Dana Carvey: Squatting Monkeys Tell No Lies one-hour comedy special and Sci Fi has the TV movie premiere of NYC: Tornado Terror.
In Discovery Channel news, today at 10:00 p.m. ET they will be hosting a special live online Q&A with Bill Howard, Executive Producer of When We Left Earth: The NASA Missions. He spent many hours working with NASA to select the best footage and stories from the past 50 years to become a part of the six-part HD series. Get a look at the Apollo missions in tomorrow night’s next new installment.
Montsters, Inc. (ABC): Released 2001. Animated feature about a blue behemoth and his one-eyed assistant, who work in a giant factory that exists to scare children. Runs three hours.
Phoenix (NBC): Released 1998. A cop in deep with a bookie enlists a few of his buddies to pull off a deadly crime to payoff his debts. Runs two hours.
Law & Order (NBC): Repeat. An attorney ends up mistakenly killed after a mix up at the dry cleaner, in “Bottomless” from this past season.
Robin Hood (BBC America): Repeat. Last week’s episode, “For England…!,” replays. Plays again later.
Robin Hood (BBC America): New. Robin wants to get his hands on the Great Pact of Nottingham. Plays again later.
Saturday Night Live (E!): Repeat. An old episode with host Paris Hilton and musical guest Keane replays.
- ABC has a WNBA game.
- ESPN2 has NASCAR racing with the Nationwide Series: Meijer 300.
- FOX has MLB action with FOX Saturday Baseball.
- NBC has golf action with the third round of the U.S. Open Championship.
- Army Wives (Lifetime): Repeat. Last Sunday’s season two premiere episode, “Would You Know My Name,” replays.
- Law & Order: Criminal Intent (USA): Repeat. Last Sunday’s new episode, “Purgatory,” replays.
- MADtv (FOX): Repeat. Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother) joined in the fun.
- Saturday Night Live (NBC): Repeat. Steve Carell hosted with musical guest Usher.
ABC Family has The Cutting Edge, The Cutting Edge 2: Going for the Gold and The Cutting Edge 3: Chasing the Dream.
BET has seven hours of College Hill: Atlanta episodes.
FOX Reality has nine episodes of Don’t Forget the Lyrics! early.
History Channel has parts 6-10 of The States.
MTV has eight hours of Made episodes.
The N has 12 hours of Degrassi: The Next Generation episodes.
Sci Fi has disaster movies all day and night.
VH1 has eight episodes of Miss Rap Supreme.