News & Notes
Tonight, ABC begins replaying the first season of Eli Stone and NBC has the U.S. Olympic Track Trials and then in late night the first Saturday Night Live hosted by George Carlin.
Over on cable, Animal Planet has the first season finale of Groomer Has It, Lifetime has the TV movie premiere of The Tenth Circle, Sci Fi has the TV movie premiere of Copperhead, and TLC has a Family Flip special and the sixth season premiere of Holmes on Homes.
Win one of three Weeds Season 3 DVD sets in our giveaway. Only three days left to enter.
CSI: NY (CBS): Repeat. The murder of a pigeon trainer and a death at a girl’s birthday party, in “Sweet 16” from season three.
The Unit (NBC): Repeat. An embassy is under attack and the team tries to get them out safely, in “Every Step You Take” from this past season.
Eli Stone (ABC): Repeat. The first season begins replaying tonight with the “Pilot” episode. I really liked this show and recommend checking it out if you missed it the first time around. If you’re unsure about it after the first couple of episodes, which people seemed to have been the first time around, give it a shot. Because, it really gets good in the second half of the season, but you need the build up for them to payoff. Besides, what else do you have to watch on a Saturday night? In the first episode, Eli begins having visions that lead him to change his pursuits in both life and work.
U.S. Olympic Track Trials (NBC): Sports Special. See the U.S hopefuls in track & field.
Law & Order (NBC): Repeat. The deaths of three roommates are probed, in “Political Animal” from this past season.
Law & Order: Criminal Intent (NBC): Repeat. Det. Wheeler returns to the squad to partner up with Det. Logan on a celebrity sex scandal case, in “Contract” from this season. This episode just played on USA a couple of weeks ago.
Robin Hood (BBC America): Repeat. Last week’s episode, “Get Carter,” replays. Plays again later.
Robin Hood (BBC America): New. A messenger dies getting a message to Robin that he is needed in the Holy Land. Plays again later.
Ace of Cakes (Food Network): Repeats. Duff and the gang make some “Avenue Q Cakes” and then deal with “The Spy Who Caked Me.” Two other episodes replay right before. All four play again later.
- Camp Rock (Disney Channel): Released 2008. Celebrity singers at a camp coach aspiring singers and musicians. Runs two hours.
- The Tenth Circle (Lifetime): TV Movie Premiere. A family deals with the aftermath of a rape allegation and a murder investigation. Read review. Runs two hours. Replays tomorrow and then again Monday night.
- ABC has NASCAR racing with the Nationwide Series: Camping World RV Sales 200.
- CBS has golf action with the Buick Open.
- ESPN has an Arena Football Wild Card Game.
- ESPN2 has Wimbledon tennis coverage.
- FOX has MLB action with FOX Saturday Baseball.
- NBC has Wimbledon tennis action followed by the third round of the U.S. Women’s Open Championship golf tournament.
- Army Wives (Lifetime): Repeat. Last Sunday’s episode, “The Messenger,” replays.
- Law & Order: Criminal Intent (USA): Repeat. Last Sunday’s new episode, “Betrayed,” replays.
- MADtv (FOX): Repeat. A spoof of 24.
- My Boys (FOX): Repeats. The last two episodes from this season replay. The first one, “Dinner Party” is very funny. Andy riffing on the girls at the party being just the right amount of attractive was hilarious.
- Saturday Night Live (NBC): Repeat. NBC is running the very first episode of the show that was hosted by George Carlin.
FOX Reality has seven episodes of Don’t Forget the Lyrics! early followed by six episodes of The Academy.
G4 has 12 episodes of Unbeatable Banzuke and five episodes of Attack of the Show! tonight.
The N has 12 hours of Degrassi: The Next Generation episodes.
Sci Fi has monster TV movies leading up to the premiere of Copperhead tonight.
Style has 14 episodes of Whose Wedding Is It Anyway? early.
VH1 has six episodes of I Love the New Millennium.